Company: Hooker Furniture Corporation
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Sunset West, a division of Hooker Furnishings Corporation (NASDAQ:
HOFT), is currently recruiting for a HR/Office Administrator to
work in our Vista, CA office. Hooker Furnishings Corporation, in
its 98th year of business, is a designer, marketer and importer of
case goods (wooden and metal furniture), leather furniture and
fabric-upholstered furniture for the residential, hospitality and
We are looking for an experienced, organized, and enthusiastic HR
and administrative professional to execute daily HR operations and
support our adjacent teams. This role will encompass daily HR
functions, light accounting work, and office administration duties.
This role has ample opportunity for growth, and we are looking for
a motivated HR professional with a desire to advance their career
in the HR field.
* Payroll Administration- maintains HR/Payroll records, prepares
semi-monthly payroll files to send to HFC Payroll Administrator.
Assists with reviewing finalized payroll files for accuracy.
* Time Management- assist employees and managers with time
management, assuring that timecards are accurate before payroll
* Benefits Administration - provide first line support for
employees with questions on employee benefits, accessing related
systems and websites, etc. Serve as liaison to ensure questions are
answered and issues resolved. Onboard all new hires, provide
benefits orientation and ensure all new hire enrollments are
completed timely. Assist with annual open enrollment meetings and
* Safety Training- manage new hire safety training as part of the
* Recruiting and Onboarding - coordinate interviews with hiring
managers, administer pre-employment assessments and required
background/drug testing, and write offer letters, maintain internal
* New Employee Orientation - meet with new hires, process new hire
paperwork through Ultipro Onboarding, review policies, procedures,
Ultipro use, discuss culture and expectations (general), provide
office tour. Ensure all tasks on the "New Hire Checklist" are
complete and meet audit requirements.
* Performance Management - responsible for annual performance
management administration in HRIS. Facilitate proactive performance
coaching and performance improvement discussions and documentation
as needed with the assigned Human Resources Manager.
* Employee Relations - facilitate HR policies regarding employee
discipline, performance, absences, tardiness, etc., with assigned
Human Resources Manager as needed.
* Terminations- Handle out-processing records, including HRIS and
payroll and all items on the "Termination Checklist".
* Worker's Comp/Safety/OSHA-Provide compliance support including
OSHA reporting, and worker's comp claim handling. Be first line
support to report Worker's Comp claims, facilitate any modified
duty restrictions with managers to ensure compliance with
* COVID Leave- ensure compliance with company COVID return to work
policies, manage CA COVID emergency pay, track requests.
* Audit- assist with all audit requests from both internal and
* Company Events- Coordinate arrangements for company events,
employee appreciation, community projects, and annual social
* Open mail and sort bills and paper checks accordingly
* Review and reduce aging with current balances
* Receive and apply payment (paper checks, credit cards, and
* Daily bill entry for both freight companies and container
* Daily container allocations
* Review and balance open account credits
* Match credit card receipts to credit card bills
* Investigate miscellaneous payments and wire transfers
* Research short pays on customer accounts
* Apply credit memos according to customer or CSR request
* Refund over payments
* Process cancelled order refund requests
* Review credit hold list and adjust
* Release orders accordingly
* Assist in having vendor invoices approved.
Candidates that will be a great fit will:
* Possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
* Have Intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel and
* Will be adaptable and open to work with various systems and
processes as we transition to our new ERP systems.
* Have a college degree in business, HR, or related field
preferred, but not required
* Have 2+ years of HR experience in a similar role.
* Write and communicate clearly with all levels of employees as
well as externally, and must be able to handle complex and
confidential business and HR matters
Shift: Day shift
Keywords: Hooker Furniture Corporation, Vista , HR/Office Administrator, Administration, Clerical , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!