Area Service Department Technician - San Diego
Company: Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Posted on: August 28, 2020
The Service Department Technician is responsible for maintaining
the buildings and equipment of our automotive lube centers,
including hydraulics, data and security equipment, heating and air
operated equipment, carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical.
The Service Department Technician's work is observed and judged by
the Service Department Supervisor while in progress as well as by
end results. This position has well defined or standardized
practices and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond to requested projects in a timely manner.
- Maintain all building and grounds in your respective
- Complete projects on time and within budget as assigned by the
Service Department Supervisor.
- Perform all work in a professional manner including timeliness,
cleanliness and relationships with store team members.
- Maintain a professional appearance for yourself, your work
area, and your company vehicle at all times including cleanliness,
organization, uniforms etc.
- Perform all work processes as assigned by the Service
Department Supervisor regarding administrative procedures, time
cards, CC slips, bills, tool inventories, ordering, coding bills,
using work orders etc.
- Recommend needs to Supervisor of building and equipment with in
your area of responsibility.
- Maintain satisfactory inventory levels of parts and equipment
to properly service the stores.
- Continuously improve skills to assume more
- Learn how to rebuild heaters, pumps, AEC and RTI
- Support on all building and grounds in your respective
- Maintain open communication with Admin's, GM's, Service
Department Foreman and Supervisors, and Office personnel.
- Abide by all Henley policies and procedures, i.e. driving
policies, security, time keeping etc.
- Required to have a valid driver license and ability to safely
transport building materials to jobsites.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- Must possess the desire and ability to learn, as well as
demonstrate personal responsibility.
- Must demonstrate consistency in quality work in lube equipment,
lifts, heaters, generators, pumps, lube services equipment (AEC,
- Must also demonstrate consistency in working well with people,
Store Personnel, Technicians, and Senior Management, etc.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to be a team
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate
a high sense of urgency/energy.
- Ability to use a computer and basic understanding of MS office
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- No experience required, we will train
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 10% of work in a climate-controlled internal office environment
working under normal office conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to
feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee may incidentally be
required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force
up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- A current valid driver's license and insurability rating is
required; travel by vehicle is required.
- This position requires up to 90% travel.
- Occasional overnight travel to other regions may be
- Required overtime, late evenings, and on call for weekend
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list
of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it
intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required
to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general
nature of the job.
Keywords: Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Vista , Area Service Department Technician - San Diego, Engineering , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!