Information Security Engineer
Company: Colfax Corporation
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Job Description: The Information Security Engineer is
responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and
availability of our DJO's Information Technology assets. This
includes monitoring and security for, but is not limited to network
equipment, servers, desktop and laptop computers, software and
electronic information. PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote a security philosophy of risk mitigation practice
through proactive security awareness training, cost effective
security countermeasures, host-level security, and security
- Ensuring that corporate systems are safeguarded against
- Evaluate network architecture and hardware/software
configurations for security vulnerabilities.
- Participate in the review and analysis of internal projects and
external connectivity issues that may have an impact on
- Build system baselines to be adhered to for all future build
- Support corporate wide security monitoring
- Ensure currency and effectiveness of authentication,
encryption, and intrusion detection methods.
- Coordinate with all concerned parties to ensure the currency of
all security patches and updates, as well as anti-virus
- Conduct periodic network penetration tests, using either
in-house or outside resources.
- Be aware of the IT security requirements for the business and
implement measures to satisfy those requirements in the most
- Evaluate and conduct security assessments on all new third
party solutions being acquired or utilized by the company. This
includes assisting with requirements gathering, assessment, and
- Designing, implementing and maintaining network and computer
- Assess security posture for all systems including cloud and on
- Assess the compliance of vendors based on the contractual
agreement and where applicable, governing regulations or laws.
- In some cases, as Information Security Engineer you will be
required to conduct on-site audits, which may include travel.
- Work as part of the overall Information Technology organization
and collaborate actively providing input and guidance to the team
with regards to security industry best practices.
- Have the ability to contribute and drive new ideas, solve
complex problems, innovate processes and streamline methodologies
to increase and improve information security posture of the
- Assist in the research and recommendation of hardware and
software solutions to augment or enhance existing compliance
measures as needed OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Research and recommend solutions to fulfill regulatory
compliance requirements in our legacy on premise and cloud-based
- Contribute to new control design, risk assessments and control
rationalization efforts for compliance and operational
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in Security, Internal Audit
and our external auditors to deliver the successful execution of
- Streamline and coordinate testing activities across multiple
- Provide consultation and advice to stakeholders on their SOX,
GDPR, and additional compliance requirements and deliverables while
providing best practice insight.
- Develop, update and maintain compliance documentation covering
all in scope systems and supporting technology.
- Assist the Chief Information Officer with board, executive and
management-level reporting metrics, materials and dashboards.
- Review security audits and track and report all remediation
- Keep abreast of emerging security technologies and make
appropriate recommendations regarding their implementation.
- Other duties may be assigned SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Experience with information security policies, intrusion
response procedures, disaster recovery procedures, risk analysis,
and significant experience administering the operations of a
complex security infrastructure.
- Practical knowledge and experience with compliance and security
framework standards such as SOX, PCI, SOC 2, NIST/CSF, CIS, ISO
- Working knowledge of current and upcoming privacy regulations
such as GDPR and LGPD.
- Knowledge of cloud and SaaS solutions
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and
exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Self-Leading- Demonstrate ethics and integrity according to the
company's principles and values
- Must be customer focused, responsive, and take initiative in
this role. EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 6 + years of experience insecurity operations related role
- BA/BS in related field preferred. Equivalent
- CISSP or GSEC Certifications or able to achieve certification
within 6-12 months
- CEH Certification a plus ABOUT DJO GLOBAL DJO Global is a
leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of
high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for
musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our
products address the continuum of patient care from injury
prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from
degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their
natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists,
spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management
specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors,
athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition,
many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by
athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical
therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic
bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular
therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and
inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and
physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a
comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip,
knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of
brands including Aircast, Chattanooga, CMF, Compex, DonJoy,
ProCare, Exos, Dr. Comfort, DonJoy Performance and DJO Surgical.
For additional information on the Company, please visit
www.DJOglobal.com. DJO is a growing subsidiary of diversified
technology leader Colfax Corporation EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability,
or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Colfax Corporation, Vista , Information Security Engineer, Engineering , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!