Posted on: May 12, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:Leidos is a Fortune 500--- company
aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing
challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world
safer, healthier and more efficient.Our Civil Group offers an array
of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics
and engineering professionals.Driven by our talented workforce, the
Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of
Leidos' comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection
and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and
critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than
24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned
to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development
of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos' SDA
Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call,
onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using
leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients,
customer and passengers.The Security Detection and Automation
Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our
customers' missions and needs:
- Hold Baggage
- Ports & Borders
- General AutomationThe Security Enterprise Solutions Operation
(SES) business unit currently has an opening for a Principal Civil
Engineer to support ongoing Vehicle and Cargo Inspection Systems
(VACIS) product development and product delivery activities.Primary
Responsibilities:Lead Ports and Borders Civil Engineering efforts
to include Civil support for: site surveys, design and
specifications preparation, and installation. Support the Program
Managers with project management site support.
- Incorporate Leidos products into customer integrated site
- Make critical civil design decisions on behalf of Ports and
- Develop product specifications against customer and derived
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and civil
engineering subcontractor to develop product to meet or exceed
- Ensure product design meets the technical, cost and schedule
metrics as provided by management.
- Execute product delivery contracts to include production,
installation, and customer acceptance in the field.
- Prepare or subcontract engineering analyses to support efforts
such as: truss design, foundation sizing, custom mounting, road
base, vehicle/trailer approach angles/turning radii.
- Coordinate civil activities with civil subcontractor.
- Will manage multiple projects, tasks and deadlines through to
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Produce clear and concise general and technical writing
products and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake
holders, peers and management levels.
- Maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to
site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the
closure of construction-related punch-list items.
- Conduct efficient, organized data gathering and data
- Develop project plans, establish project schedules and project
estimates.- Discuss project-related items with stakeholders,
contractors and code related - Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide well-organized documentation.
- Work independently in a large engineering organization.
- Will work with multiple disciplines as applied to general
requirements as typical for standard types of engineering
projects.Basic QualificationsRequires a BS degree and 12 years of
prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior
relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
16 years experience will be considered in lieu of degree.Ability to
pass TSA suitability background checkPreferred Qualifications
- Civil Engineering degree with current PE license. Multi-States
preferred. 8-12 years relevant experience. 16 years experience will
be considered in lieu of deg
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, Power Point,
and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to
use the Internet as an information gathering and communications
- Proficiency with AUTOCADDesired Experience:
- Extensive work with CBP and GSA on similar projects
- Experience working in high security areas with ongoing
- International installation efforts
- Border security
- Knowledge of traffic management systems (dynamic signage, gate
arms, ground loops) as pertaining to proper use, placement, and
- Working knowledge of in-lane usage and fielding of RFIDs and
LPRsSee how Leidos is safeguarding people and commerce by selecting
the link below!Transforming global security and detection.Leidos is
growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.We value and
support the well-being and mobility of our employees with
competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training,
work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a
diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos
was ranked as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the
Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Vista , Civil Engineer, Engineering , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!