Vice President, Operations & Supply Chain
Company: GPB Scientific, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Senior Vice President, Operations & Supply Chain Reporting to
the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Vice President (SVP),
Operations and Supply Chain will be responsible for building and
leading manufacturing, operations and supply chain including
production planning, procurement, manufacturing engineering,
production test development, transfer and validation. S/He will be
responsible for building manufacturing capability and integrating
with related functions. This leadership role is accountable for
establishing sustainable and scalable business processes and
providing actionable business and product data. The building out of
this manufacturing function will be critical to the success of the
company as the company moves from a beta product to
commercialization. Key Job Responsibilities
- Establish and manage future in-house instrument and consumable
manufacturing in an cGMP manufacturing environment. Manage
manufacturing process through product life cycle process including
transfer to manufacturing, pilot build process scale-up and
- Develop and implement strategies to secure consistent
manufacturing delivery, identifying gaps and developing solutions
to meet rapidly changing demands.
- Partner with Development teams to ensure product
manufacturability, develop process validation plans, and create
process instructions and methods for all products and
- Partner with the Commercial organization to support sales and
- Manage all aspects of the company's strategic relationships
with Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO) for instruments,
consumables and microfluidic devices.
- Lead the contract negotiation activities for manufacturing and
supply chain operations. Drive cost reduction programs for both
instrumentation and consumables throughout the supply chain.
- Develop and deploy sourcing, manufacturing, logistics, and
other performance standards that align with company strategy for
- Assess future operational risks globally and locally, and
translate those into strategies, capabilities, best practices, and
key performance indicators.
- Management of Exporting and Importing function with proper
regulatory documentation for distribution.
- Assure customer satisfaction; partner with CMO's to deliver
products to customers using good business practices and policies.
Resolve any issues in a quality and timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of the Strategic Operating Plan
and manage the execution of the plan.
- Establish solid relationships with suppliers to assume
responsibility for all aspects of supplier performance from on-time
delivery to resolution of any necessary corrective actions.
Evaluate and select suppliers whose quality standards and
culture/values align with GPB.
- Manage ordering processes to ensure supplier and manufacturing
compliance for legal, regulatory and sustainability requirements
- Build, lead and develop a highly motivated and world-class team
to achieve the goals of the company's manufacturing initiatives.
- Established executive with a successful track record of
developing and leading Manufacturing Operations teams in fast-paced
environments. Ability to work under tight schedules and drive
projects with high speed.
- Aptitude towards quick decision-making and immediate
problem-solving with proven results orientation.
- Moves beyond traditional ways of doing things; pushes past the
status quo. Ability to think "out of the box" and readily
contribute in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Solid critical thinker with a proven ability to collaborate
with both leadership and teams, demonstrating ability to influence,
make sound decisions, anticipates future organizational needs and
- Natural, enthusiastic leader with a positive management style
combined with excellent communication skills and unwavering ethics
- Superior interpersonal skills and executive presence, with an
effective ability to quickly establish credibility, trust and
support within all levels of the organization. Exceptional
cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Reinforces company values and culture in day-to-day behaviors,
management style, and expectations.
- Highly effective communicator with expertise in problem-solving
and thought leadership delivered in a professional manner.
Impeccable written and verbal communications along with superior
- Lead by example, attract and develop talent, build partnerships
and create a culture of collaboration and teamwork that fosters
open communication, constructive conflict resolution and
organizational flexibility. Dynamic leader with ability to motivate
team members to go the extra mile. Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in a scientific or business field is
required, an advanced degree desired.
- A minimum of at least 15 years of relevant experience in a high
growth company that includes manufacturing operations within the
Life Sciences, Diagnostics or Translational/Biotechnology
industries. Must have proficiency in the production of Instruments
and Consumables with expertise in microfluidic devices
- Effective at negotiating contracts and managing contract
development and manufacturing organization relationships.
- Highly analytical, with the ability to understand and use
financial and cost information to drive operational decision
making. Well organized and prepared with a results and
- Expertise in leading operations in a regulated medical device
environment, e.g., 21 CFR Part 820 and/or ISO-13485.
- Understands that being a respected colleague, a supportive and
trustworthy leader coupled with a hands-on attitude and drive is a
requirement for members of the leadership team.
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative leader with the ability to
execute on deliverables with input and assistance from internal and
external resources. If this sounds like you and you're ready to
help us transform cell therapy, we'd like to hear from you - please
send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: GPB Scientific, Inc., Vista , Vice President, Operations & Supply Chain, Executive , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!