Configuration Data Management (CDM) Manager
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Description Job Description:Leidos' Security Enterprise
Solutions group is seeking an experienced Configuration Data
Management (CDM) Manager. As a member of the CDM Team, the CDM
Manager will work alongside program managers, engineers and
actively lead CDM professionals to process hardware and software
changes, ensuring accuracy and completeness of drawings,
schematics, software and documentation. The ideal candidate will be
able to interpret and apply policies, processes, procedures and
technical data standards and maintain awareness for continuous
improvement opportunities. The preference is for the candidate to
be local to the Vista CA office location but will consider fully
remote candidates based on experience.
- Provides innovative solutions to highly complex issues.
- Leads the records management function which is responsible for
preserving various organizational, business and technical
- Ability to apply product lifecycle management (PLM) expertise
during planning, data migration, and sustainment phases of
implementing process automation functions.
- Provides consultation on configuration management activities
related to identification, control and accounting for engineering
documents for systems and/or equipment in accordance with
- Advises on developments of, and participates in usage and
testing of Product Lifecycle Management systems and similar
enterprise workflow systems.
- Develops, provides, and presents key CDM process metrics and
reports to provide strategic insight for process monitoring and
development of process improvements for CDM performance, costs, and
- Maintains CDM procedures to implement and processes engineering
drawing and documents to include CDRL and SDRL items for all
assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling
- Maintains program delivery schedules: in accordance to contract
POP, delivery requirements, milestones, and events.
- Leads Change Control Boards: setting agendas, keeping minutes
and tracking action items to completion.
- Establishes procedures to implement and process engineering
documents for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with
policies and scheduling requirements. Makes recommendations for
procedural changes when necessary.
- Reviews and analyzes engineering change data, which may be
highly complex, and coordinates changes with engineering, quality
assurance and manufacturing to ensure compliance with customer
requirements and Company policy.
- Proficiently contributes during the bid, proposal, and
execution phases of a contract.
- Drive subcontractor/supplier contract requirements.
- Compiles BOE for LOE and discreet tasks respectively; to
include complexity level(s) and justifications
- Regularly communicates CDM program status and risks to program
stakeholders, team, and affiliates.
- Establishes work project notifications to assure the accuracy
of current contractual reporting requirements.
- Ensures customer requirements are implemented and reviews
change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration
- Establishes procedures for storage, retention,
destruction/decomition, and archival of company records,
processing, filming, storing and retrieving current and historical
design, technical and programmatic documents according to project,
customer and company practices and requirements.
- Confident in the preparation and execution of functional and
physical configuration audits.
- Mitigating risks, developing RTG plans, and tracking action
items to closure. Qualifications
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business administration,
engineering, or a related discipline and 8+ years of related
experience. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Established track record to confidently support, lead, and
manage a team successfully is required.
- Disciplined to maintain and manage control/cost accounts.
- Proven ability to contribute to the bid, proposal, execution,
and delivery phases of a contract.
- Must have significant CMDM knowledge and experience to provide
consultation and/or guidance to direct reports and exercise
- Must have demonstrated ability to monitor daily operations and
make sound leadership decisions.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and verbal and written
communication skills to interface effectively with all levels of
customers and company employees, including upper management.
- Proficient in the fundamental pillars of Configuration
Management, CM best practices/industry standards and engineering
principles: EIA-649, AS9100, ASME, IEEE, etc. About UsWe offer
flexible work arrangements and support the well-being and mobility
of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary
e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral
programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact,
in 2021, Leidos was ranked as one of the "World's Most Ethical
Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute for the fourth consecutive
year. Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise
Solutions Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos' comprehensive
suite of fully integrated security detection and automation
solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical
infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000
products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to
address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of
innovative solutions for our global customers. Check out this link
to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally
known as Security Detection & Automation. - Pay Range:Pay Range
$94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Vista , Configuration Data Management (CDM) Manager, Executive , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!