Program Manager BPSR Vista
Company: Mental Health Systems, Inc.
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Job DescriptionMHS is a non-profit organization whose mission is
to improve people's lives and instill hope by providing
cost-effective community-based mental health, drug and alcohol
recovery, and housing services. We continually seek new and
improved ways of serving our clients and communities. MHS is an
essential business. JOB SUMMARYThe Program Manager is responsible
for overall program management, quality assurance, leadership,
staff supervision, clinical supervision, clinical assessment
guideline review, training, budget management, record keeping,
safety, and compliance with contract requirements and the Mental
Health Systems, Inc. policies.RESPONSIBILITIESReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Oversee quality of direct services, ensuring adherence to best
practices, quality of care, and highest professional
- Supervise accurate data collection and record keeping. Prepare
- Supervise all direct reports in accordance with contract
requirements and company policies. Conduct staff meetings and
provide positive and meaningful coaching to staff.
- Provides weekly individual and/or group clinical supervision to
BBS registered staff, if applicable.
- Manage staff to maintain positive morale and unit cohesion as
evidenced by maintaining a cooperative and flexible attitude toward
coworkers, showing adaptability to change, and exhibiting effective
communication and interpersonal skills.
- Recruit, interview, and select most qualified candidates in
- Adhere to program budget and review monthly operating statement
to ensure financial integrity.
- Attend community meetings, collaborate with external leaders
and experts, and participate in public relations activities as
- Track and report required outcomes to County.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices by reading publications,
attending seminars, conferences, in-service trainings and other
trainings as necessary. Seek out supervision for support when
- Maintain a minimum degree of training and knowledge in cultural
competency, co-occurring and gender responsiveness, and
- Oversee facilities and safe work environment by ensuring
equipment is in good operating condition and maintaining a clean
and neat workplace. Respond to injuries in the workplace in
accordance with state and federal law.
- Utilize logical problem-solving techniques both independently
and in collaboration with program staff and others to respond to
- Respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations.
Guide and support staff to properly address emergency
- Comply with all MHS and program rules, policies and procedures
including HIPAA standards.QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related
- LCSW, LMFT or Psychologist with California licensure
- Minimum five years of experience working with clients with
mental illness/substance abuse and dually diagnosed persons in
individual and group settings.
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience post-licensing
- Ability to supervise ASW, AMFT, APCC, and student interns
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective counseling, therapy,
and clinical services.
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget and maintaining
operations under budget constraints.
- CPR/ First Aid certified.
- Valid California driver's license and current auto insurance
per contract requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite and EHR
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to
effectively communicate with clients, family members, community
leaders, and staff members. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential
functions. ☒ Seeing☒ Hearing☒ Speaking☒ Stooping/Bending☒ Working
in cramped spaces☒ Moving around office☒ Moving between
offices/clients☒ Driving☐ Climbing☐ Lifting/carrying heavy items☒
Pushing/pulling/dragging items☐ Standing for long periods☐ Working
outside/underground☒ Using hands/fingers☒ Sitting for long periods
of time MHS is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and to
attracting and retaining the most qualified employees without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender, age, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Mental Health Systems, Inc., Vista , Program Manager BPSR Vista, Executive , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!