Regional Inventory Manager
Posted on: June 17, 2022
The CompanyHorizon Distributors, Inc. (Horizon) is a wholly
owned subsidiary of POOLCORP - the world's largest publicly traded
distributor of swimming pool, landscaping and outdoor living
products - which employs over 5,000 team members in more than 395
sales centers worldwide.Horizon operates 70 of those sales centers
across the US and is a leading distributor of landscape and
irrigation products with a focus on serving the needs of
professional landscape contractors. With more than 60 years of
industry experience, Horizon prides itself in offering the
convenience and buying power of a national company with the
personalized service and attention to detail of a local store!Why
Horizon?At Horizon, our people ARE our priority and there are so
many reasons to join our team! Here's a few:Career Opportunities:
Looking for a career - not just a job? Then we may be the place for
you! We not only have the career opportunities, but we offer the
training needed to help you grow. Continuous learning is available
- locally in sales center training sessions, virtually in our
online learning center, in the classroom at our training facility
in Dallas, TX, and through tuition reimbursement. At Horizon, the
sky is the limit.Winning Team : Our history of success is the
result of our winning team. At Horizon, you will work with some of
the best and brightest, in a stable environment, with predictable
work hours and continuous rewards when targets are met, which is
often the case. Join us and you'll join a "winning team."Excellent
Benefits : Our generous benefit package includes: group medical,
prescription, dental, vision and life insurance; 401(k) - offered
currently with a company match; an employee stock purchase program;
seasonal sales and rewards programs; exclusive vendor discounts and
more.So, whether you are new to the business or a seasoned
professional, Horizon has a place for you.Location: Horizon Vista,
CA - H720; 975 Poinsettia Ave, Vista, CA 92081 or RemoteJob
Summary:The Regional Inventory Manager (RIM) increases company
profitability and customer satisfaction by purchasing materials in
a timely manner and at the lowest cost. This position also
coordinates the distribution of materials, parts, equipment, and
supplies for the organization by performing the following
- Manages inventory levels to ensure product is in-stock.; stays
within budgets and actively identifies stock outs and reduces
surplus within assigned branches.
- Develops strong relationships with Sales Center Managers,
Regional Managers, Operations Managers, Outside Sales employees and
vendors to ensure proper inventory levels at all times.
- Analyzes trends in vendor pricing and sales activity to
determine correct timing of purchases. Takes advantage of buying
specials, while maximining discounts of purchase orders.
- Reviews recommended orders with the (Buyer Queue Inquiry).
- Advises Sales Center Managers or Operations Managers on the
appropriate suppliers to use.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and
- Assures that the product is delivered on schedule, at the
negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the
- Maintains accurate purchase order prices and vendor
- Maintains proficiency in computerized purchasing/business
systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute inventory
in a cost-effective manner
- Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by
the Regional Manager.
- Other non-essential job duties may be assigned.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain or related
- 3+ years purchasing experience in distribution
- Experience in either the irrigation, landscape or outdoor
living industries (preferred).
- Experience implementing and maintaining safety
- Knowledge of logistics, including carriers, shipping policies
and procedures preferred.
- Ability to perform business math (basic algebra, computer rate,
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, ability to learn advanced
Prelude system and Internet website.Horizon Distributors, Inc. /
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and EOE, M/F/V/D.#HDIWEST1
Keywords: Poolcorp, Vista , Regional Inventory Manager, Executive , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!