Configuration Data Management, Manager
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description Leidos' Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is
seeking an experienced Configuration Data Management (CDM) Manager.
As a member of the CDM Team, the CDM Manager will work alongside
program managers, engineers and actively lead CDM professionals to
process hardware and software changes, ensuring accuracy and
completeness of drawings, schematics, software and documentation.
The ideal candidate will be able to interpret and apply policies,
processes, procedures and technical data standards and maintain
awareness for continuous improvement opportunities.This position is
based out of Vista CA and offers a hybrid work schedule (3 Days
Onsite / 2 Days Telework). Local candidates only (California / San
Diego County).Primary Responsibilities
- Provides innovative solutions to highly complex issues.
- Leads the records management function which is responsible for
preserving various organizational, business and technical
- Ability to apply product lifecycle management (PLM) expertise
during planning, data migration, and sustainment phases of
implementing process automation functions.
- Provides consultation on configuration management activities
related to identification, control and accounting for engineering
documents for systems and/or equipment in accordance with
- Advises on developments of, and participates in usage and
testing of Product Lifecycle Management systems and similar
enterprise workflow systems.
- Develops, provides, and presents key CDM process metrics and
reports to provide strategic insight for process monitoring and
development of process improvements for CDM performance, costs, and
- Maintains CDM procedures to implement and processes engineering
drawing and documents to include CDRL and SDRL items for all
assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling
- Maintains program delivery schedules: in accordance to contract
POP, delivery requirements, milestones, and events.
- Leads Change Control Boards: setting agendas, keeping minutes
and tracking action items to completion.
- Establishes procedures to implement and process engineering
documents for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with
policies and scheduling requirements. Makes recommendations for
procedural changes when necessary.
- Reviews and analyzes engineering change data, which may be
highly complex, and coordinates changes with engineering, quality
assurance and manufacturing to ensure compliance with customer
requirements and Company policy.
- Proficiently contributes during the bid, proposal, and
execution phases of a contract.
- Drive subcontractor/supplier contract requirements.
- Compiles BOE for LOE and discreet tasks respectively; to
include complexity level(s) and justifications
- Regularly communicates CDM program status and risks to program
stakeholders, team, and affiliates.
- Establishes work project notifications to assure the accuracy
of current contractual reporting requirements.
- Ensures customer requirements are implemented and reviews
change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration
- Establishes procedures for storage, retention,
destruction/decomition, and archival of company records,
processing, filming, storing and retrieving current and historical
design, technical and programmatic documents according to project,
customer and company practices and requirements.
- Confident in the preparation and execution of functional and
physical configuration audits.
- Mitigating risks, developing RTG plans, and tracking action
items to closure.Qualifications
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in business administration,
engineering, or a related discipline and 4+ years of related
experience. Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Established track record to confidently support, lead, and
manage a team successfully is required.
- Disciplined to maintain and manage control/cost accounts.
- Proven ability to contribute to the bid, proposal, execution,
and delivery phases of a contract.
- Must have significant CMDM knowledge and experience to provide
consultation and/or guidance to direct reports and exercise
- Must have demonstrated ability to monitor daily operations and
make sound leadership decisions.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and verbal and written
communication skills to interface effectively with all levels of
customers and company employees, including upper management.
- Proficient in the fundamental pillars of Configuration
Management, CM best practices/industry standards and engineering
principles: EIA-649, AS9100, ASME, IEEE, etc.Leidos' Security
Enterprise Solutions (SES) is making travel and trade safer,
healthier, and more efficient. The Security Enterprise Solutions
(SES) team has developed a suite of integrated solutions for
aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers
around the world. The SES product portfolio provides automated
threat detection for weapons, narcotics, explosives, contraband,
and undeclared goods, as well as nuclear and radioactive materials,
by leveraging industry leading screening technologies, AI/ML
capabilities and advanced biometric tools. We have more than 24,000
products deployed across 120 countries, including best-in-class
security checkpoint and inspection systems for People, Carry-on and
checked baggage, Cargo containers and trucks, Passenger vehicles
and Rail carsCheck out the links below to learn more about Security
Enterprise Solutions (SES). Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 -
$102,000.00 - $137,700.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is
a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.#Remote
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Vista , Configuration Data Management, Manager, Executive , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...