Company: La Fuente Post Acute
Posted on: June 15, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYEvaluates and treats patients and communicates
with patients, clients, and team members. Maintains documentation
of services in the medical record. Conducts in-services and
training for patients, clients, and team members on an ongoing
basis in restorative techniques. Completes all duties in accordance
with established medical practices, governmental requirements and
Company policies and procedures.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates commitment to company's mission, values, and
standards of ethical behavior.
- Models a positive and professional image that emulates the
organization's mission and encourages a spirit of cooperation with
co-workers. Assists co-workers and promotes teamwork by sharing
information useful to achieving desired results.
- Ensures that all residents are treated fairly, with kindness,
dignity, and respect, and their rights are protected at all times.
- Respects and upholds all residents' personal and property
rights whenever carrying out duties, including knocking before
entering a resident's room.
- Complies with all company and departmental policies and
- Supervise Therapist Assistants and therapy students in direct
patient care to carry out plan of care and patient related
activities per state practice act and reimbursement regulations.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a collaborative team
building approach with all patients, clients, and team members.
- Consistently attends work and provides appropriate notice for
scheduled paid time off.
- Maintains productivity standard as determined by supervisor and
- Demonstrates consistent knowledge and application of Medicare
and other reimbursement regulations.
- Evaluate patients based upon the physician referral/orders.
- Develop effective treatment plans with functional, goal-based
outcomes and ensure approval /orders for services from referring
- Treat patients according to treatment plan.
- Record clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory
and professional guidelines.
- Record daily treatment charges per approved billing guidelines.
- Instruct families and nursing staff regarding restorative/home
- Participate in discharge planning.
- Communicate with supervisor and other health team members
regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings, patient care
conferences, utilization review meetings, and other meetings as
required or directed.
- Participate in in-service training program for other staff at
- Participate in facility performance improvement programs.
- Coordinate with members of other departments, attending
physicians, committee members, and other staff within the Rehab
- Screen patients based upon identified need.
- Assist with cleaning maintenance of treatment area and
- Secure necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive
equipment for patients.
- Report any problems with department equipment to appropriate
personnel so that it is maintained in good working order.
- Travel or float between facilities as determined by supervisor
and patient needs.
- Adheres to state and federal regulations and company policies
and procedures; HIPAA confidentiality standards of resident and
facility information; Infection Control, Universal Precautions,
OSHA, and safety standards; and established safety precautions and
regulations (including use of mechanical lifts when lifting or
moving heavy individuals or objects) in the performance of tasks
and the use of equipment and supplies.
- Attends orientation, in services and meetings as required.
- Takes responsibility for staying updated on new regulations,
best practices and internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of facility and departmental quality
improvement activities. Recommends to Supervisor any equipment and
supplies needed for department as well as any departmental
- Utilizes most efficient, safe, and cost-effective techniques
and methods, and uses supplies and equipment in most efficient
manner to minimize waste.
- Participates in and assists in departmental studies and
projects as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.The above listing of
duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive but
rather to serve as a description of the range of duties and general
nature of the position. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a valid
state license or eligibility to obtain license in state where
services are provided.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Commitment to the Company mission to consistently deliver high
quality, person-centered care with dignity, respect, compassion,
and integrity, and to enrich every life we touch. Embracing of
Company values of care & compassion, community, honesty &
integrity, teamwork, innovation, and safety.
- Ability to represent Company in an ethical and professional
manner, and to maintain accountability.
- Ability to interact tactfully, effectively, and professionally
with other employees, residents, family members, visitors,
government agencies/personnel and the general public, as needed.
- Must be able to relate to and work with physically and/or
mentally ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times
hostile people within facility and treat them with respect and
consideration regardless of their cognitive or functional level.
- Ability to understand and follow applicable regulations,
policies, and procedures fully and consistently.
- Willingness and ability to function as an effective team member
through good communication and cooperation to meet departmental
- Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be discreet.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle pressure.
- Must be able to follow instructions and to accept feedback.
- Must successfully pass background check, health exams, and any
other pre-employment requirements.
- Must be able to operate departmental equipment, as appropriate.
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours, weekends,
holidays, and/or on other shifts and in other positions, when
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing/medical practices and
procedures, and/or terminology, laws, regulations, and the
guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must have strong detail orientation and high accuracy level.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
sufficiently and comprehensibly enough to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Sufficient computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft
Office, Outlook, and /or Internet to perform required duties.
- Strong communication skills, both one-on-one and in a group,
and ability to listen and respond to questions effectively.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to inspire trust and respect and mobilize others.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish helpful.ACTIVITY(Hours per
OCCASIONALLYUp to 3 hours
OCCASIONALLYUp to 3 hours
OCCASIONALLYUp to 3 hours
The knowledge, skills, abilities described in this job description
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
Keywords: La Fuente Post Acute, Vista , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!