Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Company: Exagen Inc.
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The Immunochemistry CLS is responsible for the daily operations
and compliance of the Immunochemistry departments. Works closely
with the Sr Manager of Immunochemistry to ensure that all testing
complies with all regulatory standards for the clinical
laboratory.The shift for this position will be Tuesday - Saturday,
11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. Other shift changes on as needed based on
business needs/ coverage.Responsibilities:Note: Other duties may be
- Demonstrates proficiency, competency & understanding of
fundamental principles of clinical laboratory procedures.
- Perform Quality Control (QC) procedures and interpretation of
clinical values, including critical values and delta checks. Knows
when test results are reportable and what to do in case of Quality
- Perform and log routine daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance
and calibration of laboratory instrumentation according to
protocols. Strictly adheres to written procedures.
- Maintain quality results by performing and or reviewing
instrument comparison, alternate proficiency tests, and other
quality assurance requirements.
- Perform, evaluate, and report all routine Immunochemistry
laboratory tests according to established protocols.
- Help with the investigation of complaints, problems, critical
values, and discrepancies, as needed.
- Identifies & helps resolve unusual laboratory situations &
notifies the Director of immunochemistry.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance program including but not
- Identify, record and correct nonconformance's on Corrective or
Preventive Action Requests
- Oversee, review, and verify the work of other lab
- Maintain a detailed account of results with great attention to
- Review test data, quality control, quality assurance,
preventive maintenance, proficiency testing, and other operations
activities related to laboratory testing procedures.
- Ability to assist in troubleshooting issues involving LIS,
equipment, instruments, and assay performance.
- Collaborates with equipment vendors to initiate maintenance or
repair of instruments.
- Monitor reagents and supplies inventory for the
- Provides training, guidance & pertinent technical information
to other Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Laboratory technicians,
Assistants, and support staff.
- As defined by established standards, works in a professional,
cooperative & courteous manner.
- Observes all laboratory, Exagen & regulatory agency policies &
- Maintains overall safety (including chemical & biological) of
the department under established safety, infection control &
- Collaborates with Research department and Sr Manager of
Immunochemistry and Project Coordinator for assay validation and
- Participates in internal and external audits as required.
- Other responsibilities include assisting with interviewing, and
training employees as needed.Minimum Qualifications:
- A current and valid California State Clinical Laboratory
Scientist License (CLS) or Clinical Chemistry Scientist (CCS).
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, or biological
science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
- At least 3 years of Laboratory experience
- Experience with performing and reporting ELISA assays
- Knowledge of computer skills, quality control, and instrument
- Intermediate Microsoft Windows experiencePreferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime hours as
- Knowledge of accepted clinical laboratory practice and
procedures including handling of potentially infectious material
and familiarity with California law relating to the practice of
- At least two years of automation experience with ELISA
- Experience with Immunofluorescence ANA interpretation
- Experience training and performing Competency assessments
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical problem-solving skills, proficiency in performing
detailed tasks thoroughly and completely, and the ability to follow
complicated instructions with accuracy.
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate
satisfactorily in English, in person, and on the telephone.
- Strong knowledge of lab equipment, lab procedures, and quality
Keywords: Exagen Inc., Vista , Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Healthcare , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!