Company: La Fuente Post Acute
Posted on: June 22, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYPlans and delivers nursing care to residents in
accordance with current company, federal, state and local
standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure that the highest
degree of quality care and dignity is maintained at all
times.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates commitment to company's mission, values and
standards of ethical behavior.
- Models a positive and professional image that emulates the
organization's mission and encourages a spirit of cooperation with
co-workers. Provides assistance to co-workers and promotes teamwork
by sharing information useful to achieving desired results.
- Ensures that all residents are treated fairly, with kindness,
dignity, and respect, and their rights are protected at all times.
- Respects and upholds all residents' personal and property
rights whenever carrying out duties, including knocking before
entering a resident's room.
- Complies with all company and departmental policies and
- Evaluates and monitors residents' condition and provides
professional nursing care in accordance with care plan and doctor's
- Provides input in the formulation and evaluation of standards
of care in conjunction with facility interdisciplinary team
- Initiates emergency support measures when needed.
- Coordinates resident admission, transfer, and/or discharge
including completing appropriate forms and required documentation
in accordance with government regulations and company policies.
- Performs assessment functions including identification of
changes in the resident's physical or psychological condition
(i.e., changes in lab data, vital signs, mental status).
- Ensures that nursing history is present in medical record for
- Communicates resident condition to family or responsible party
upon request, change of condition or as otherwise necessary.
- Consults with resident's physician in providing resident care,
treatment, rehabilitation, etc., in accordance with state/federal
regulations and company policy and procedure. Ensures timely
documentation of conversation noting and carrying out new orders.
- Prepares orders and administers medications as ordered by the
physician in accordance with government regulations and facility
policies and procedures.
- Performs documentation duties as required and in accordance
with company charting and documentation policies and procedures and
government regulations. Ensures documentation is accurate, timely
and descriptive of resident's condition, nursing care provided and
resident's response to care.
- Receives and gives a complete, accurate, concise nursing report
upon reporting in and ending shift. Ensures information provides
coordination and continuity of care.
- Ensures tests are scheduled and preps are completed as
- Ensures information is relayed to other members of health care
team (i.e., physicians, respiratory therapists, physical
therapists, social services, etc.) accurately, thoroughly and in a
- Requisitions and arranges for diagnostic and therapeutic
services, as ordered by physician, and in accordance with
- Participates in initial and quarterly care plan conferences.
- Completes routine rounds during shift to assess residents.
- Encourages independence by the resident in activities of daily
living to the extent possible.
- Provides input in formulation and evaluation of standards of
care, and in development of department objectives.
- Thoroughly understands facility policies and procedures as well
as state and federal regulations, and serves as a resource for
staff. Sets departmental standards and constantly strives to
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to facility and
company safety standards and precautions at all times.
- May perform LVN duties as needed.
- Reports the following in accordance with established facility
procedures and regulatory standards: accidents and incidents;
resident grievances, complaints, allegations of resident abuse
and/or misappropriation of resident property; occupational exposure
to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous
chemicals; concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance
including but not limited to hazardous conditions and equipment.
- Ensures adherence to state and federal regulations and company
policies and procedures; HIPAA confidentiality standards of
resident and facility information; Infection Control, Universal
Precautions, OSHA and safety standards; established safety
precautions and regulations in the performance of tasks and the use
of equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of facility and departmental quality
improvement activities and/or participates in quality improvement
meetings. Recommends any equipment and supplies needed for the
department as well as any departmental improvements.
- Utilizes most efficient, safe and cost effective techniques and
methods, and that supplies, equipment and personnel are used in
most efficient manner to minimize waste.
- Participates in and/or leads on-the-job training, in-service
education and orientation programs; attends OSHA and CDC in-service
training programs for hazardous communication, TB management, and
bloodborne pathogens standard; serves on various committees as
required by existing regulations or as appointed by DON
- Works with facility consultants as necessary and implements
recommended changes as required.
- Makes written or oral reports and recommendations to
Administrator concerning operation of department and in response to
concerns or complaints.
- Keeps abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well
as professional standards, and makes recommendations on changes in
policies and procedures to DON. May participate in workshops and
seminars to stay current with changes in field, as well as to
maintain professional status.
- Interprets department policies and procedures to personnel,
residents, visitors, family members, etc., as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.The above listing of
duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive but
rather to serve as a description of the range of duties and general
nature of the position. Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-3 years' experience providing direct care to multiple
patients/residents preferred; previous experience in Skilled
Nursing environment desirable
- Nursing degree from accredited college or graduation from
approved RN program required
- Must possess current, unencumbered license to practice as an RN
- Current valid CPR certification required
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance and use,
i.e. monitors, infusion devices, drain devices, etc.
- Commitment to the Company mission to consistently deliver high
quality, person-centered care with dignity, respect, compassion and
integrity, and to enrich every life we touch. Embracing of Company
values of care & compassion, community, honesty & integrity,
teamwork, innovation and safety
- Ability to represent Company in an ethical and professional
manner, and to maintain accountability
- Ability to interact tactfully, effectively, and professionally
with other employees, residents, family members, visitors,
government agencies/personnel and the general public, as needed
- Must be able to relate to and work with physically and/or
mentally ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times
hostile people within facility and treat them with respect and
consideration regardless of their cognitive or functional level
- Ability to understand and follow applicable regulations,
policies and procedures fully and consistently
- Willingness and ability to function as an effective team member
through good communication and cooperation to meet departmental
- Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be discreet
- Must be able to multi-task and handle pressure
- Must be able to follow instructions and to accept feedback.
- Must successfully pass background check, health exams, and any
other pre-employment requirements
- Must be able to operate departmental equipment, as appropriate
- Willing to work beyond normal working hours, weekends,
holidays, and/or on other shifts and in other positions, when
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing/medical practices and
procedures, and/or terminology, laws, regulations, and the
guidelines that pertain to long-term care
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
sufficiently and comprehensibly enough to perform the essential
functions of the job
- Must have strong detail orientation and high accuracy level
- Legible handwriting.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING
CONDITIONSThe knowledge, skills, abilities described in this job
description are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the job.Task(hours per day) Never(0) Occasionally(up to 3 hours)
Frequently(3 -6 hours) Constantly(6-8 + hours)
Bending (neck) x
Bending (waist) x
Twisting (neck) x
Twisting (waist) x
Lifting Never(0) Occasionally(up to 3 hours) Frequently(3 -6 hours)
Constantly(6-8 + hours)
0-10 lbs. x
11-25 lbs. x
26-50 lbs. x
51-75 lbs. x
76-100 lbs. x
100 + lbs. x
Carrying Never(0) Occasionally(up to 3 hours) Frequently(3 -6
hours) Constantly(6-8 + hours)
0-10 lbs. x
11-25 lbs. x
26-50 lbs. x
51-75 lbs. x
76-100 lbs. x
100 + lbs. x
This job requires: Yes No
Driving Cars x
Working around equipment and machinery x
Walking on uneven ground x
Exposure to excessive noise x
Exposure to extremes in temperature, humidity, wetness x
Exposure to dust, gas, fumes in temperature, humidity, wetness
Working at heights x
Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement x
Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment x
Working with bio-hazards such as blood borne pathogens, sewage,
hospital waste, etc. x
Incumbent to be able to see, hear, smell, feel, and taste with or
without assistive devices, sufficiently to perform the functions of
the job x
Keywords: La Fuente Post Acute, Vista , RN, Healthcare , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!