LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse) in Vista, CA
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Title: Licensed Vocational Nurse
Company: Southern California Food Allergy Institute
Location: Vista, CA
Hours: Full Time; Non-Exempt; M-F 7:45AM-5PM (Onsite)
Who We Are:
Founded in 2015, the Southern California Food Allergy Institute
(SCFAI) is a cutting-edge research and clinical care center
revolutionizing food allergy treatment among the pediatric
population. Our Tolerance Induction Program--- is the first of its
kind, bringing patients to the point where they can eat whatever
they want, whenever they want, without having to worry about any
kind of reaction. We have collected more than a trillion data
points that allow us to use mathematics and analytics to best
understand how we can treat patients with anaphylactic food
allergies in the safest way possible.
The Southern California Food Allergy Institute is home to many
innovative thinkers, problem solvers, and passionate leaders. The
work we do is truly life-changing for our patients and their
families; each member of our team will experience how their role
supports our mission! SCFAI provides a challenging and rewarding
environment where employees' talents are leveraged, ideas are
encouraged and growth is always inspired.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a dynamic, empathetic and flexible LVN to
facilitate and expedite POD workflows to maintain maximum
efficiency during our Food Challenge appointments.This will be done
by assisting providers with feeding patients, discharge
instructions and education. The POD Nurse should be aware of the
status of each patient within their POD during food challenge
appointments, i.e., new to the room, actively eating, ready to
exercise, ready for discharge, and status of rooms
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- PTO Days
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan (matched)
- Professional Development
- Paid Training
- Company Sponsored Events
- Competitive Rates
- Paid Family Leave
- Growth Opportunities
- Arrive ahead of the first patient each day (7:45 unless other
arrangements are made).
- Facilitate and or assist in prep of patient rooms.
- Collect and record patient vitals in the EMR.
- Communicate directly with family and answer appropriate
- Exercise children after challenge, or coordinate with the MA
- Communicate directly with the provider.
- Promptly clean rooms and prep for the next patient.
- Clean and stock rooms for the next day.
- Request additional doses as needed.
- Prescription requests and refills as needed.
- Ensure accurate dosing in-clinic and take-home.
- Assist feeding patients during food challenges allowing
providers to spend time with patients that are of higher risk, are
non-compliant, or are having a reaction. The LVN should be able to
step in and assist to free up the provider so that their other
patients are kept on track and complete appointments in a timely
- Provide patient education and assist the patient with inquiries
within their knowledge base such as preparation of home treatment
foods, tips for food fatigue, reinforcing TIP treatment protocols
to ensure at home dosing safety, i.e., 60 min rest period, timing
of ingestion of different foods. Whatever question is asked outside
of their knowledge base should be directed to a provider and an
attempt to answer the question should not be made if
- Provide, review and confirm discharge instructions.
- The POD Nurse may need to provide coverage for a medical
assistant in the case of multiple ill calls and therefore would be
assigned to a provider and normal responsibilities listed above
would not apply.
- Ensure rooms are clean, stocked, and ready to welcome each
- Verify patient charts with the Master Dosing List at least
24-hour prior to the visit.
- Notify Clinic Manager and scheduling provider of any
- Communicate effectively to patients, families, visitors, and
- Look for areas of opportunity and communicate these to
- Communicate with areas that impact clinic operations (Food Lab,
Diagnostic Lab, Data Team, etc.).
- Communicate with the front office team room availability to
ensure rooms are turned over promptly.
- Communicate with all team members to enforce effective
workflows and gaps/inefficiencies in workflows or when safety
concerns are identified.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and self-starter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires
strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communicator, decision-maker and strategic thinker.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow-up,
able to work in a team environment.
- Understand the patient lifecycle in totality and how the
nursing staff support that mission.
- PFT and ENO execution and reading.
- Skin testing execution and reading.
- Patch placement execution and reading.
- Prescriptions, to include those requiring prior
- Food dosing requests and receipt.
- HIPAA certification and 100% application compliance.
- Certified Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of
- Applicable procedure training.
- Medical Assistant experience (at least 2 years
- Current BLS certification.
- MS Office Suite.
- EMR experience.
- Customer service.
- Team mentality and positive working attitude.
SCFAI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, veteran status, or any other consideration made
unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. SCFAI is committed to
providing reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants, and
employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to
all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required
by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please note that SCFAI has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination
policy for all employees. We believe this approach to be most
effective in ensuring the continued safety of our team and our
patients, and congruent with the local and national guidance
provided to workers within the healthcare industry. Should you
choose to join the organization, you will be required to submit
appropriate documentation within the first 45 days of employment.
SCFAI will make reasonable accommodations due to disability or
religious reasons, as required by law. Temporary deferrals may also
be requested (i.e. pregnancy or recent COVID-19 illness).
Keywords: TPIRC/FAI, Vista , LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse) in Vista, CA, Healthcare , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!