Company: Shadowridge Country Club
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Oversee daily food and beverage service in the Club restaurant
operations. Assure all Food and Beverage operations and Member
services are coordinated to exceed Member expectations, while
ensuring the standards of service and safety guidelines are met.
The benchmarks for a successful Restaurant Manager are: The
maintenance of all quality standards for service, cleanliness, and
safety employee relations and staff development. Assisting in the
development, and training of all service personnel, to maintain a
high level of service as well as ensure that the Club adheres to
the standards that have been set forth by ClubCorp. Reports
Directly To: Director of Food and Beverage or Assistant Director of
Food Beverage. Directly Supervises all front of house food staff.
Day to Day:
- Maintaining ClubCorp service standards as outlined in the
Hospitality First training program at high standards.
- Responsible for the service of food and beverage to the Members
and Guests as scheduled, adhering to the ClubCorp standards of
service and excellence.
- Directly or indirectly supervise, as directed, service staff to
ensure consistent service and execution of Member/Guest FB
- Check reservation book and see what functions are occurring
during the shift, read captains book and see if there is any
additional information that was passed on from the night before.
Check room set-up and make sure it corresponds with the reservation
book and function sheets.
- Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the al carte menu is
mandatory, including daily features and specials that may not be
available directly on the menu.
- Responsible for possessing clear knowledge of all various
liquors, beer and wines available by the Club.
- Accurately execute Member/Guest orders and requests in a timely
- Ensure that room is bussed and cleaned. Re-check
function/reservation book to understand and direct others as needed
on how the room needs to be set-up for the next service hours or
event as applicable.
- Start opening procedures for breakfast, lunch or dinner
(depending on shift). Including completing closing procedures as
- Record in the log, any additional information or tasks that
need to be forwarded on to the next shift.
- As applicable, attend, lead and/or participate in all staff
meetings, as well as participate in daily line-ups, weekly service
training meetings and special training sessions when
- As directed, assist in the implementation of various training
programs to the service personnel in order to maintain a
well-trained staff to achieve Service Excellence and drive Member
satisfaction and retention. Specifically, maintaining ClubCorp
service standards as outlined in the Hospitality First training
program at high standards.
- Responsible for seeing that daily assignments and side work is
completed in their respective areas, to meet Club standards and as
communicated in the Star Service FOCUS expectations (i.e.
orderly/organized work areas, consistently sanitary work areas,
refill/stock containers and supplies, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employee Partners, Members and Guests to ensure
delivery of the 3 Steps of Service without being directed. Be aware
of Employee Partners and the environment and participate as a
member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they
occur. Rectify, practicing service recovery to resolve any
complaints as soon as possible.
- Partner with fellow Employees to provide the 3 Steps of Service
(warm welcomes, magic moments, and fond farewells) to all
Members/guests. All the other stuff we do:
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation,
it may be necessary that each Employee perform a multitude of
different functions therefore, as an essential part of your
position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion
arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you.
Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed
or as directed.
- Adhere to all the various company, club and department written
mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures,
manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up
the essential functions of the job.
- Attend all Department Head, Food and Beverage, Private Events
and General Staff meetings.
- Continuously improve Member satisfaction through programming,
pricing, promotions, and compliance with ClubCorp standards of
operations and training.
- Where applicable, oversee side work duties assigned to FB staff
and general housekeeping for all FB outlets.
- Initiate and control a wine/beverage sales incentive for the
service team on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- In addition, maintain the required ClubCorp Standards of
Operations by helping the FB Director in controlling labor costs,
linen costs, miscellaneous FB expenses, etc. About you:
- 2+ years experience in restaurant or club related field in Food
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Food Handlers Certificate, Alcohol Safety, STAR Service
Certification, STAR Trainer Certification, TABC Certification, and
CPR Certification preferred.
- Deals with highly confidential material (i.e. Member/Employee
- Service STAR Training, Alcohol Management.
- Computer literacy required/Spreadsheet knowledge required.
Computer skills, good communication skills, ability to be a strong
- Professional indoor office/Club environment.
Keywords: Shadowridge Country Club, Vista , Restaurant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!