About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps
improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus
on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical
Responsible for managing the operations of plasma collection
facility, to include financial, marketing, administrative,
regulatory, quality, personnel and facilities management functions.
Supervises the daily functions and staff activities across
departments to optimize operational efficiency.
* Employee development (60%):
* Initiate and deliver staff communications, network and
* Oversee and ensure all employees are properly, timely, and
accurately trained in technical areas.
* Providing timely and accurate feedback to both hourly and
exempt staff members.
* Developing employee talent, through regular meetings, goal
check-ins, development plans, etc.
* Administer year-end review process and compensation
* Assist in management of the recruiting process. (i.e. - phone
screens, interviews, offers, on-boarding)
* May support and conduct management training.
* Provide leadership to ensure donor retention, high customer
service levels, production monitoring and cost data.
* Operations Management (40%):
* Supervise the operations within the facility:
* Maintain compliance with all federal, state, local and company
regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor
* Manage facility audit processes and help to resolve any
related issues that arise from the audit:
* Collaborating with Regional Manager and management team to
prepare for and host internal and external auditors.
* Ensuring timely response and closure to audit
* Perform analysis of related data to promote efficient
* Forecasting and attaining production and cost goals, while
assuring compliance with Shire, local and federal regulations.
* Resolve related facility issues and manage inquiries for
* May assist in center production issues.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
* Minimum of three years' experience preferably in a medical or
other regulated field, or an equivalent com- bination of education
* Must have excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational
and technical skills.
* Ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop a team of
diverse individuals. Demonstrated ability to multi- task,
prioritize, and communicate with senior management.
* Requires weekend and extended work periods.
* Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.
* Putting the patient at the center
* Building trust with society
* Reinforcing our reputation
* Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
* Consults center management teams to effectively problem solve,
ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional
* Coordinates with external vendors and contractors for building
maintenance and other contracted services.
* Authority to make hiring/separation decision regularly
(involuntary must collaborate with HR)
* Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees.
* Refers to Group/Regional management for guidance on
high-impact and/or sensitive decisions.
* Advises and counsels all staff on operational, safety, and
customer service concerns.
* Delivers performance and review feedback to all staff.
* Reports to Group Manager and/or Regional Operations Lead.
* May participate in the management of projects and new
initiatives within the center or across centers.
* Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
* Requires ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
* Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens.
* Requires occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
leaning, reaching above shoulders and below knees, and lifting up
to 50 pounds.
* Requires ability to communicate verbally with donors, in
person and on the phone.
* Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
* Potential exposures to blood borne pathogens
* Occasional travel. (Less than 10%)
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Desired: Associates or Bachelor's degree highly desirable.
* FLSA Classification (US) - Exempt
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for
vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda's Talent Acquisition
department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted
to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency
Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a
fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully
executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment
agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if
the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates
submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a
fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be
deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against
any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital
or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment,
non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information,
veteran status, military service, application for military service,
or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law -
EEO is the Law - Supplement -
Pay Transparency Policy -
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to
working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals
with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process, or in order to perform the essential functions
of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information.