Glue Folder Operator
Company: RR Donnelley
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Glue Folder Operator Bindery Vista, CA ID: 48819
Employee performs journeyman level skilled work in the setup,
operation, and maintenance on Bobst DOMINO 110-M II/110-M II MATIC
and/or Vision Fold 110 A2 gluing equipment.
- Set up and operate gluer folder equipment.
- Lead crew of 3-5 people working on the machine.
- Correct and/or report any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain crew safety, quality and productivity.
- Train apprentice and entry level members as needed.
- Perform minor repairs and preventative maintenance on gluing
- Other duties as assigned. RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and
Required Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 5+ years of experience in operating a gluer folder
- Ability to set up and operate a full range of work on glue
machines including straight line, auto bottom, 4 and 6 corner
- Experience on all kinds of substrates including text, book,
cover, board and corrugate.
- Ability to read and follow written job tickets and
- Requires basic math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the
number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the
work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with
- Ability to provide effective communication with crew,
supervisors, managers, co-workers and customers.
- Ability to work varying shifts, overtime and/or weekends, as
assigned. Work Environment While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, wet and/or humid
conditions; moving mechanical parts; and risk of electrical shock.
Employees are expected to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
and follow appropriate safety procedures as recommended by EHS when
conditions require its use. This may include, but is not limited
to, hearing protection, goggles, safety shoes, lockout/tagout, etc.
Physical Demands Lifting up to 30 lbs regularly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will
frequently sit; use hands and fingers repetitively; climb; talk or
hear; stand; reach (extending hands and arms in any direction);
bend, twist, walk (moving about to accomplish tasks); and
lift(raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving
objects horizontally from position to position).
Keywords: RR Donnelley, Vista , Glue Folder Operator, Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!