Data Scientist (Bioinformatics)
Posted on: January 8, 2021
US - California - VistaExagen is a patient-focused and
discovery-driven life sciences company dedicated to transforming
the care continuum for patients suffering from debilitating and
chronic autoimmune diseases. Our goal is to enable rheumatologists
to improve care for patients through the differential diagnosis,
prognosis, and monitoring of complex autoimmune and
autoimmune-related diseases, including lupus and rheumatoid
arthritis. By leveraging our proprietary Cell-Bound Complement
Activation Products, or CB-CAPs, technology, we help get to the
real cause of a patient's symptoms and guide their journey to
improved health.About the OpportunityIn this role, the Data
Scientist executes data mining, queries, and bioinformatics
analyses relating to clinical studies, laboratory data, and product
- Work with large datasets pertaining to clinical studies to
design, develop, and perform statistical analysis for internal and
- Work with genomics datasets pertaining to research studies to
perform bioinformatics analysis.
- Technical support for routine monitoring and quality controls
of clinical laboratory data.
- Help maintain internal databases and software.
- Conduct data analyses for experiments and projects, including
clinical studies in the planning stage.
- Integrate datasets from external sources including academic
collaborators and third-party platforms.
- Collaborate with other members of the scientific staff within
and outside the R&D group, including academic collaborators,
external consultants, and scientists.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Comply with all company SOPs and safety standards.
- Contribute to scientific publications in peer reviewed journals
and present at conferences in collaboration with academic
- Perform other related duties as needed and required by
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and patient
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Biostatistics,
Bioinformatics or related fields with programming experience
- 2+ years of industry or postdoctoral experience
- Able to work independently and as a part of an
interdisciplinary research group
- Strong technical and theoretical background in data structures,
analysis methods, and experimental design
- Hands-on experience with data processing, data analytics, and
statistical analysis software
- Hands-on experience with genomics data analysis, including gene
- Proficient in Database (SQL Server, MySQL) and Server (Windows,
- Must have good communication skillsPreferred Qualifications
- Proficiency with version control systems and either R or SciPy
preferredBenefitsCompetitive compensation packages - Generous PTO +
10 holidays to recharge & refuel - Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, &
Dependent Care- 401(k) retirement savings plan match - Life
Insurance & DisabilityThe statements herein are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to
be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required of personnel so classified.Exagen is proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action
employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider
qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent
with legal requirements. HEREInterested? Complete the form below
and upload your resume. All fields are required.
- Phone*Email*Upload resume*Accepted file types: pdf.
Keywords: Exagen, Vista , Data Scientist (Bioinformatics), Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!