Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are looking for an Associate Intelligent Transportation
Systems (ITS) Engineer to manage research and development
laboratory which shall serve to provide testing and quality
assurance test environments for ITS hardware and software. Operate
short and long-term test procedures on McCain system solutions.
Provide engineering and training support for ITS technical
specialists. Collaborate with ITS technical specialists on customer
issues, responding to internal and external issues in a timely
manner. This position will be responsible for managing and training
other support staff. The Associate ITS Engineer will be responsible
for establishing support procedures and best practices as well
analyzing and projecting workload. This position bridges traffic
operations, traffic engineering, product implementation and
- Enter detailed work activity in JIRA and Confluence issue
- Research and evaluate integration of ITS technology.
- Research and evaluate connected vehicle technology.
- Work closely with the department project managers and ITS
- Provide ITS technical specialists with status updates on
- Communicate with others within the department and other
departments as needed.
- Work closely with the Senior ITS Engineering on product related
- Handle other requests from management in a timely manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the technical support of
- Perform load testing on central software products.
- Bachelors degree in an applicable discipline is highly
- Experience with ITS technologies.
- Must be familiar with traffic signal system or SCADA
- Knowledgeable in networking environments for remote
communication is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with customers and all levels of personnel
in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Conditions / Requirements:
- No unusual physical requirements and work is performed
occasionally in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Occasional Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time;
variance in work volume involves occasional exposure to demands and
pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires talking, hearing, standing, sitting,
lifting up to 20 lbs., bending, and handling objects with
- Vision requirements: Ability to visually see information in
print and /or electronically.
- Talking on the phone with internal and external customer.
What's in it for you?
- A GREAT work environment with fun, friendly, knowledgeable and
helpful team members.
- Benefits package to support you and your familys health. From
medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both
health and dependent care.
- Educational reimbursement to help keep your career
- Save money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, other amusement
parks, movies, indoor skydiving and so much more with our employee
- Paid time off, holidays, company-matched 401(k) plan and
If this is what you are looking for and you meet the minimum
requirements, submit your resume. McCain is an equal opportunity
This employer participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: McCain, Vista , Engineer, Other , vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!