Company: Meruelo Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Since its founding in 1974, Select Electric, Inc. has been
serving the electrical construction market in the San Diego region
with primary focus on transportation infrastructure projects. As
the leader in this field, we have extensive experience and
resources to undertake any transportation project ranging from
traffic signals to the most complex transit and commuter rail
Responsible for the maintenance, repairs and overhauls of
powered vehicles and equipment; also maintains small tools.
- Preventative maintenance service on equipment as well as
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems in
vehicles and equipment, making corrections and repairs as
- Cleans and maintains equipment and shop area.
- Performs inspections and operates vehicles and equipment to
evaluate capabilities and compliance with safety regulations.
- Maintains records of repairs, costs and time involved.
- Prepares requisition for parts.
- Repair and overhaul of engines and related drive train,
electrical and hydraulic systems
- Follow all requirements of the company safety program.
- Take personal responsibility for safety in working
- Perform additional assignments and assume additional
responsibilities as directed by Equipment Manager.
- At least 5 years of experience as a mechanic
- Must have knowledgeable of construction equipment to include
heavy trucks, cranes, and boring machines.
- Knowledgeable of Diesel and gas engines and capable of
diagnostics and trouble shooting.
- Knowledgeable of hydraulic and air brake systems.
- Knowledgeable of hydraulics systems, able to diagnose and
- Able to repair and trouble shoot electrical issues.
- Be familiar using email, and responding to work orders
- Knowledge of E-Compliance system a plus.
- Possession of Class A is preferred but not required.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Knowledge of safety precautions and procedures relating to
mechanical equipment and repair shop.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to safely work alone and
complete tasks in a timely matter.
- Must have own hand tools and a small OEM computer.
- Experience welding and some fabrication duties.
- Understand the use, care, and disposal of hazardous automotive
materials and waste.
- Ability to read and interpret technical service manuals.
- Effective communication, organizational, and problem-solving
- Complies with and maintains company confidentiality practices
- Interacts professionally with all company employees and outside
- Able to stand for long periods of time, use arms and hands to
reach for, handle and manipulate objects.
- Able to lift and carry materials weighing 50-100 lbs.
- Able to climb and balance on ladders, scaffolds and other
- Able to carry tools and equipment.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to reach hard to access
Working conditions consists of temperature-controlled buildings
or offices, outside elements such as rain, cold, and heat when
working with in open environments, driving from various locations
or attending meetings, etc. Noise levels are moderate to loud
depending on work location.
Keywords: Meruelo Group, Vista , Mechanic, Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!