Medical Science Liaison
Company: Exagen Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Exagen is a patient-focused and discovery-driven life sciences
company dedicated to transforming the care continuum for patients
suffering from debilitating and chronic autoimmune diseases. Our
goal is to enable rheumatologists to improve care for patients
through the differential diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of
complex autoimmune and autoimmune-related diseases, including lupus
and rheumatoid arthritis. By leveraging our proprietary Cell-Bound
Complement Activation Products, or CB-CAPs, technology, we help get
to the real cause of a patient's symptoms and guide their journey
to improved health.
About the Opportunity
The Exagen Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for
providing a variety of external and internal customers with medical
and scientific information on the appropriate utilization of
specific Exagen brands and with more general information about
connective tissue testing & therapeutic areas. This position will
be in Vista, CA. The Exagen MSL position will proactively build
healthcare provider support, by using a scientific approach that is
aligned with the corporate objectives.
- Develop an MSL strategic and tactical plan in collaboration
with CSO, CMO, SVP Sales/Marketing, and SVP Managed Markets
- Develop and foster peer-to-peer relationships with stakeholders
(Primarily HCP Rheumatologists and associated health professionals)
by providing credible, fair balanced, scientific, and clinical
information about Exagen products, research activities, and brand
- Develop strategies to develop selected HCPs as Key Opinion
Leaders depending on their specific interests, enthusiasm for, or
experience with our brands.
- Be an expert on all Exagen brands through the regular and
extensive review of literature, developing presentations, and
assisting with publications and medical communications.
- Participate and attend scientific meetings (e.g. ACR), Payer
and/or Reimbursement conferences, and training sessions to maintain
a current knowledge base and to develop competitive
- Responsible for internal training and communication with the
Medical, Brand Team, and territory managers.
- Responsible for issues management to include addressing
questions about Exagen Products (e.g. AVISE Lupus/CTD, CB-CAPs
technology) based on available scientific and clinical data.
- Assist in research/clinical projects to include knowledge
sharing of KOLs, site profiling, investigator support, and
education both internally and externally.
- Interact externally with Key Opinion Leaders and other industry
stakeholders that may be part of a Business Development
- Organize, prioritize, and work effectively with minimal
supervision in a constantly changing environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time. Evening and
weekend work will be involved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to understand and summarize all aspects of clinical
trials and papers.
- Excellent teaching skills and ability to present and discuss
scientific material clearly and concisely.
- Ability to participate in a scientific dialogue with HCPs and
- Must be able to converse on a peer-to-peer basis with health
- Ability to handle objections and manage issues presented by
- Previous MSL experience and knowledge of the Rheumatology
- Master's degree and/or equivalent work experience
Competitive compensation packages | Generous PTO + 10 holidays |
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, & Dependent Care| 401(k) retirement
savings plan match | Life Insurance & Disability
The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to
this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified.
Exagen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
Keywords: Exagen Inc., Vista , Medical Science Liaison, Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!