Senior Research Associate (Chemistry R&D)
Company: Exagen Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Exagen is a patient-focused and discovery-driven life sciences
company dedicated to transforming the care continuum for patients
suffering from debilitating and chronic autoimmune diseases. Our
goal is to enable rheumatologists to improve care for patients
through the differential diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of
complex autoimmune and autoimmune-related diseases, including lupus
and rheumatoid arthritis. By leveraging our proprietary Cell-Bound
Complement Activation Products, or CB-CAPs, technology, we help get
to the real cause of a patient's symptoms and guide their journey
to improved health.
Candidates are highly encouraged to include a cover letter
About the Opportunity:
As a Senior Research Associate, you will conduct targeted and
untargeted small-molecule analyses in different biological
matrices. You will also help develop new assays for diagnostics and
research projects through various phases of inception, planning,
and transfer to the clinical lab.
- Conduct targeted and untargeted small-molecule analyses for a
variety of projects.
- Perform methods development, optimization, and validation of
new diagnostic assays, particularly with sample prep, FTIR,
- Extract small molecules from biological matrices (blood,
plasma, serum, etc.) and formulated drug materials.
- Maintain accurate and complete records.
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot technical issues
relating to assay development and quality.
- Write standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other documents,
including validation reports under CLIA/CAP guidelines.
- Comply with all company SOPs and safety standards.
- Collaborate with other scientific staff members within and
outside the R&D group, including academic collaborators,
external consultants, and scientists.
- Perform other related duties as needed and required by
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and patient
- B.S. or M.S. degree in chemistry, organic chemistry,
biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years (BS) or 4 years (MS) of relevant industry
- Experience in sample prep techniques including SPE, LLE, SLE,
- Experience conducting untargeted and targeted metabolomics
- Experience in small molecule chromatographic separation and
- Must have good communication skills.
- Experience with data and statistical analysis of large complex
data sets using Python, R, JMP, or similar tools.
- Experience with other analytical instruments, such as FTIR,
UV/Vis, microarrays, and microscopy.
Competitive compensation packages | Generous PTO + 10 holidays |
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, & Dependent Care| 401(k) retirement
savings plan match | Life Insurance & Disability
The statements herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to
this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
Exagen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
Keywords: Exagen Inc., Vista , Senior Research Associate (Chemistry R&D), Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!