Company: Leidos Holdings Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under limited supervision, responsible for planning, purchasing
and expediting critical materials, components, equipment and
services necessary for the operation of the organization requiring
extensive or specialized knowledge and experience. Must be able to
perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without
reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may
change from time to time without notice and include but are not
limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, purchases and expedites material, equipment and services
on a broad assignment basis usually involving important and
critical items. Responsible for all purchasing/planning data in ERP
- Performs an active role in the Vendor Selection and Assessment
process. Seeks new sources of supply, perform periodic performance
evaluations; generates on-time delivery reports. Manage vendor
relationships and insures that all interactions between Leidos and
supplier representatives are in accordance with Leidos
- Need to execute all procurement activities in compliance with
Leidos processes and procedures
- Lead the SDA Procurement team reporting on key metrics for SDA
Civil Division in Tewksbury, Ma and drive the continuous
improvement effort required to meet the targeted goals
- Direct a cross functional team to manage EOL components and
drive continuous improvement within the process , improving the SDA
- Report progress on all continuous improvement activities
utilizing the reporting methodology used by SDA
- Meets with key suppliers, and document performance results in
accordance with internal operating procedures. Drives continuous
improvement with suppliers and within Purchasing practices and tool
- Conducts supplier audits and site visits to evaluate for
quality, production capability, performance, delivery, and other
pertinent business and technical requirements.
- Prepares moderately complex reports by collecting, analyzing,
and summarizing data from various sources. Able to analyze large
amounts of data, extrapolate insights and proactively communicate
- Solicit competitive quotations from qualified suppliers and
prepare total cost analysis to determine best overall value
including purchase price, freight terms, payments terms, quality of
service and product specifications. Selects or recommends suppliers
for a variety of moderately complex and technical products and
- Analyzes purchase price variances and assists in the
development of standard product costs. Monitor savings against
individual and departmental cost savings objectives.
- Must have knowledge of legal practices and compliance systems
- Attends regular meetings for specific product lines and
understand materials impact.
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of the Part Maintenance
file in the manufacturing database.
- Coordinates Engineering Change Order (ECO) activity that
affects current inventory or open orders for assigned commodities
as indicated on approved ECO's.
- Represents Purchasing in Material Review Board meetings.
- Requests and evaluates vendor corrective action reports. Drives
continuous improvement within supply base.
- May provide work leadership to lower level buyer/planners and
- Degree in Business Administration, a related field, or
- 2-4 years of related experience with diversified
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience
- Experience working with MRP, preferably in a high technology
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have established negotiation, supplier relation and
sourcing skills along with strong organizational skills.
- New Product Purchasing experience and strong quantitative and
problem-solving skills, Able to analyze large amounts of data,
extrapolate insights and proactively communicate to management
- Must have experience with handling long term agreements, KanBan
and Just-In-Time (JIT) purchasing.
- Ability to work independently is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications along with
excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
are required for effective interface with all internal and external
- Must be mid-level excel user, capable of using vlook-up and
- Ability to travel 10% of time
- CPIM or CPM certification preferred
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing trade publications and
participating in professional organizations.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to
internal processes and systems.
- Complies with all internal policies and procedures
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, Able to manage various
competing initiatives and prioritize accordingly
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work
successfully within teams
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA degree and 2 - 4
years of prior relevant experience
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and
science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's
toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland
security, civil, and health markets. The company's 40,000 employees
support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues
of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January
1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's
why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of
the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include
competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income
Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information
at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will
communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a
Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be
from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other
personal information, please report the email to [email
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national
origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family
structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or
military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will
also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with relevant laws.
Keywords: Leidos Holdings Inc., Vista , Buyer, Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!