Laboratory Assistant - Pre-Analytical
Company: Exagen Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
About our Company
Exagen is a patient-focused and discovery-driven life sciences
company dedicated to transforming the care continuum for patients
suffering from debilitating and chronic autoimmune diseases. Our
goal is to enable rheumatologists to improve care for patients
through the differential diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of
complex autoimmune and autoimmune-related diseases, including lupus
and rheumatoid arthritis. By leveraging our proprietary Cell-Bound
Complement Activation Products, or CB-CAPs, technology, we help get
to the real cause of a patient's symptoms and guide their journey
to improved health.
About the Opportunity
Responsible for a variety of laboratory tasks in order to help
streamline operations across departments. Assigned duties include,
but are not limited to, purchasing of materials, inventory
management, and documentation and maintenance of equipment within
the laboratory. The preanalytical lab assistant is expected to work
in collaboration with employees and laboratory technicians from
multiple departments within the company.
- Identify and track inventory demands of consumable goods and
reagents within the laboratory.
- Place orders through numerous vendors using a wide range of
- Receive and store reagents and supplies in accordance with
laboratory safety procedures.
- Organize, document and track calibration requirements or
preventative maintenance needs for pipettes, fume hoods and other
- Operate lab equipment if needed.
- Prepare laboratory reagents if needed.
- Dispose of biohazardous waste in accordance with laboratory
- Comply with all laboratory standard operating procedures (SOPs)
when performing assigned tasks.
- Manage numerous Excel spreadsheets in order to track inventory
items, packages, lot numbers, expiration dates, etc.
- Communicate effectively with laboratory supervisor regarding
special needs and maintenance of the department.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties to meet
- High school diploma
- Must be able to use general office equipment including
computer, telephone, copier, etc.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's/Associate's degree or college courses in
Keywords: Exagen Inc., Vista , Laboratory Assistant - Pre-Analytical, Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!