Conventional Tooling Machinist
Company: Advanced Manufacturing Careers
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Conventional Tooling Machinist in an R&D Environment!
The operations of this company are located in Vista, CA and is a
growing player in producing manufacturing resources for the medical
industry. They are dedicated to creating top tier innovative
equipment and are planning to continue to expand in the years to
come. In an industry that is constantly advancing, they are hoping
to take on a people oriented candidate who can grow alongside it
and prove to be a benefit to their tight knit team.
The company currently has 20 people, with 8 CNC machines (but
growing!) and has continually built a welcoming work environment
that promotes work life balance. This is not a job shop and they
are working on challenging, complex proprietary parts - a great
place to grow and learn!
They are currently looking for a Conventional Tooling Machinist to
support the functions related to machine tools and instrumentation.
By utilizing both manual machinery and CNC mills and multi axis
lathes, you would be responsible for designing and producing
tooling, precision instruments, and tooling aids.
This is a 1st shift position with flexible start times
This position comes with a great benefits package
- Paid vacations, paid time off
- Medical and dental coverage
- 401k with a potential company match
- Leadership training for the right candidates, and other growth
opportunities within the company.
- Set up and operate conventional and CNC machine equipment such
as mills, multi-axis lathes, grinders, and other equipment
- Design and fabricate tooling, and tooling aids to assist in
machine set ups utilizing various shop equipment
- Review and interpret engineered drawings, sketches,
specifications, and blueprints to determine dimensions and
- Determine cutting tools, method of holding, and machine speeds
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Perform inspections to ensure precision and quality
- Previous experience with both manual/conventional machines as
well as CNC mills and lathes
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineered drawings,
sketches, specifications, and blueprint
- Knowledge of tooling design and fabrication
- Strong knowledge and ability to use various inspection tools
such as calipers, micrometers, gauges etc.
- Basic computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
AMC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
*PM18 Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool,
toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die
Keywords: Advanced Manufacturing Careers, Vista , Conventional Tooling Machinist, Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!