Quality Control Inspector
Company: Carbon by Design
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Position Summary: The Quality Inspector duties are designed to
ensure that all manufactured product fulfils all customer
specifications and quality requirements and is driven by the
company Quality & Operations Management System, AS9100 and ISO
Standards. -Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret manufacturing drawings, GD&T and
- Demonstrate skill in the accurate use of precision measuring
tools and equipment.
- Organize the day to day work load to ensure work is completed
and objectives are met.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of
raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Drawings,
Quality Process Documents and other Specification Requirements that
are required by the customers purchase order.
- Document and report all inspection findings and results.
- Carry out In Process Inspection, Incoming Goods Inspection and
verify purchased product.
- Carry out Final Goods Inspection and prepare FGI Reports.
- Check Travelers for completeness at all stages of the
- Carry out First Article Inspections AS9102 and prepare Reports
for review to support the part qualification process.
- Identify, segregate and log Non-Conformances arising and assist
in determining disposition.
- Determine acceptability of Rework by inspection and completing
the Non-conformance process.
- Monitor and follow up on Corrective Actions to inspection
- Ensure that all product fall within standards as required by
the customer's purchase order.
- Collect key characteristic process data to be logged on
Statistical Process Control Charts.
- Maintain the integrity of Inspection documents stored within
the Company Database.
- Carry out material kit audits to ensure integrity of the
kitting process and materials used.
- Carry out product identification and traceability activities
per Work Instructions.
- Carry out weekly Expiring Material Review per Work
- Ensure calibration, validation and maintenance is carried out
on inspection equipment and ovens.
- Work with other departments to resolve issues arising during
- May conduct internal audits of the company QMS in line with the
Internal Audit Schedule
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and
- Suggest ideas to provide Continuous Improvement, simplifying
processes, tooling and equipment to increase throughput, improve
Quality and raise profitability.
- Required participation in internal training as needed to
perform the duties assigned to this role
- Other Duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities)
- U.S. Person status required do to export control
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2 years of experience in quality control function in
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Composite experience highly preferred
- Understand technical instructions in mathematics and diagrams,
capable of doing simple mathematical calculations
- Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend
written and verbal instructions in English
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers and the
- Must be well organized, flexible, and able to work in a
fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Must thrive in a team-oriented and deadline-driven
- Familiarity and skill with interpreting technical drawings and
- Demonstrated Proficiency in MS Office programs- Excel, Word,
Outlook, Power Point and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and the
management teamPhysical Demands and Work Environment The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Constant specific
vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability
to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up
to 25 pounds. The employee sits for extended periods of time at a
computer station or work desk and is exposed to typical office
environment conditions and noise levels. Required to wear Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) when working on the manufacturing floor
where the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat and risk of
electrical shock. The noise level in the manufacturing floor is
usually loud.This position falls under the International Traffic in
Arm Regulation (ITAR). This role is restricted to U.S. persons
(i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected
individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C.
1324b (a) (3)) due to access to export-controlled technology.
Company will require proof of status prior to employment.
Keywords: Carbon by Design, Vista , Quality Control Inspector, Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!