Delivery Team Lead
Company: Urbn Leaf - Harborside
Posted on: November 22, 2022
*About Us: *
We are an innovative, fully-vertical cannabis company recognized
for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards within the
cannabis industry. With a focus on consumer education and staff
training, we are working to change the perceptions of cannabis.
From the thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the
modern, strategic layouts of each location, every detail is
designed with the customer experience in mind. We believe that each
and every customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed
with expertise and appreciation.
*Our Values: *
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an
inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the
continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of
We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers with
carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable team
members to ensure a quality experience with every interaction.
By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can
focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our
We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are
proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by
reinforcing the "we" in our efforts and removing the "they".
We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the growth
of our business to the personal and professional growth and
enrichment of our teams.
*Job Title: *Delivery Lead
*Dept: *Urbn Leaf Retail Delivery
*Reports to: *Fleet Manager
*Job Class: * Hourly, non-exempt
The Delivery Lead position is responsible for the supervision of
Urbn Leaf's Delivery department. The Delivery Lead is responsible
for end-of-shift cash handling, planning tasks for the Packers,
directing and organizing orders for drivers, as well as
establishing effective working relationships with management,
employees and customers.
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Responsible for the drivers, delivery service, and quality
performance of the Packers.
* Follows the Fleet Managers leadership and gives direction to the
delivery team (Drivers and Packers).
* Trains new drivers and Packers; plans, assigns and directs
* Reports any staff related issues to Fleet Manager (for
* Develops order Packers with the necessary operational
instructions and skills to grow into future leadership roles.
* Keeping the UL inventory updated (multiple times per shift) to
ensure that product doesn't fall off the menu
* Provides leadership to the delivery team, ensuring staff is
engaged, motivated and committed to operate as a high performance
and fully accountable team.
* Manages driver lunch in/out, and shift end times.
* Ensures workplace cleanliness and organization. Making sure
product is always stocked and workstations are consistently cleaned
to start the shift, and before the end of the shift.
* Follows all Roles & Responsibilities that are assigned and
implemented by the Fleet Manager.
* Adheres to and enforces the organization's policies, procedures
and Federal/State applicable laws (BCC Regulations for
* Communicates with Fleet Manager throughout the scheduled
* Ensures all drivers properly fill out the Sign In/Out sheet with
proper times, stops, miles, terminal numbers and signatures.
* Hold drivers accountable for missing product.
* Ensures all company standards and safety policies are being
adhered to in department.
* Assists other departments as needed or requested.
* Ensures friendly, efficient and professional customer
* Monitor operational/office supplies daily and report the needs to
the necessary team member.
* As per the needs of the business due to increased volume or
driver absence, the Delivery Lead must be willing and able to
conduct delivery driver duties and deliver orders.
* Must have access to an insured vehicle which can be used for
* Must be the registered owner of vehicle or be able to provide a
notarized letter authorizing use of the vehicle for work purposes
by the registered owner
* Valid, current insurance
* Schedules staff according to business needs
* Model year 2013 or newer
* Vehicle must be meet the necessary vehicle inspection
requirements (everything in good condition with no safety
* Must have reliable transportation with locking trunk (vehicle
must pass company inspection)
* Must be able to understand and operate GPS Technology
* Must have a hand free device
* Must have a clean driving report for the past 5 years
* No moving violations
* No seat belt violations
* No at-fault accidents
* No suspensions
* No DUI's
* No SR-22
* Must be willing to work with both methods of delivery, Batch and
* Open to and responsible for issued vehicle equipment while on
shift (cameras, gps)
* Must be willing to assist with any in-store duties during
downtime in delivery volume per the store management team's
discretion and delegation. This includes but is not limited to
budtender, cleaning, inventory, line monitoring, and reception.
* Must have intermediate computer skills, to be able to input and
access information in the company delivery and time keeping
* Must have a hands-on proactive supervisor style. Performing case
packer duties in busy times of need or to support absenteeism
* Must be motivated with a can-do, team first attitude. This
position requires leadership and communication skills.
* Must have the ability to:
* Perform all job functions with attention to detail, speed and
* Prioritize and organize
* Remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
* Lead by example and ensure the team executes the game plan laid
out for them
* Understands guest service needs
* Works cohesively as a team with co-workers
*Education and Experience: *
* One year relevant experience and/or training
* High School Graduate
* Cash Handling a plus
*Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: *
* Valid California Driver's License
* Cannabis Business Work Permit (must obtain from City of
* Physician's Recommendation for Medicinal Cannabis
*Physical Demands/Requirements: *
The following are constant demands for this position:
* Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time.
* Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
* Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds safely and properly.
* Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
* Must be able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends.
* Must be able to work in a warehouse environment (subject to
temperature changes) for 80% of the work day.
Pay: $19 / hr
*Equal Employment Opportunity Policy*
Urbn Leaf and Harborside provide equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical
history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital
status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited
to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Urbn Leaf and Harborside comply with federal and state disability
laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and
employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If
reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment, please contact Talent Acquisition at
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour%58047475%
Keywords: Urbn Leaf - Harborside, Vista , Delivery Team Lead, Other , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!