Radiologic Technologist I
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Summary:--Under general supervision, operates radiographic
equipment, to produce images of structures in the human body that
are utilized by physicians for the diagnosis of disease processes,
pathology and/or trauma. Utilizes technical judgment and skills to
ensure that produced images are of the highest diagnostic--quality
and--demonstrate the area(s) of interest. Positions assigned to
this classification are distinguished from Radiologic Technologists
II and higher levels in that Radiologic Technologists I only
perform routine general diagnostic radiologic exams/procedures such
as but not limited to chests andextremities.--Essential
- Operates various x-ray control consoles, portable units, tube
assemblies, lock systems, collimators, filters and tables in order
to perform diagnostic radiographic procedures and
- Ensures that correct and required patient identification and
left or right marker appears on all films.
- Centers area of interest to film and tube Utilizes appropriate
use of photo timing, milliamperes (MA), kilovoltage (KVP), seconds,
distance, collimation, intensifying screens, film speed and grids
in order to produce diagnostic quality image(s) which demonstrate
the area(s) of interest and exhibit acceptable contrast, density
- Explains the exam /procedure to the patient in order to solicit
- Assesses the patient's history and overall condition and makes
the necessary modifications in technique and/or positioning to
compensate for pathology or other considerations.
- Utilizes a knowledge of proper patient positioning and
department protocols to obtain routine and other views required for
- Observes all required radiation safety/protection regulations
and standards in order to minimize dose and avoid repeat
- Uses lead shielding and collimation as appropriate.
- Critiques images for diagnostic quality and other properties
and appropriately consults with supervisor and/or radiologist to
clarify any areas of uncertainty.
- Completes requisition with all required and pertinent
- Loads and unloads radiographic film, if applicable.
- Complies with all required continuing education standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical,
emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of
services to patients of the age group served.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle
choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such
- Utilizes proper Body Mechanics.
- Documents clinical activities and required image information in
a timely, comprehensive, and accurate manner.
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area and
Diagnostic Imaging Department policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to
enhance quality of service.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior in all interactions with
patients and staff.
- Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with
- May perform other duties as required and assigned.Basic
- N/ALicense, Certificate, Registration
- Current certification as a Certified Radiologic Technologist
(CRT) issued by the State of California Department of Public
- Registration as a Registered Radiologic Technologist
(Radiography) issued by the American Registry of Radiologic
- American Heart Association approved BLS, Health care Provider
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize theories,
principles, practices and techniques of Radiologic Technology.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to members, customers, contracted providers
and vendors.Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience as a Certified
Radiologic Technologist (CRT) preferred.Notes:
- This position/duties will be to perform DEXA exams on FT bases.
--Job Schedule: Job Category: Imaging & Radiology
Keywords: Kaiser, Vista , Radiologic Technologist I, Other , Pala, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...