Company: JELD-WEN, Inc.
Posted on: November 12, 2021
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Production Manager,
the Production Supervisor is responsible for managing and
implementing all production operations and shop activities. Working
also with the Plant and Assistant Plant Manager's where applicable,
this position is a key driver of JELD-WEN's Key Performance
Indicators (KPI's), including, but not limited to, SQDCI, TPS, OTD,
and Continuous Improvement (CI's) activities and initiatives in
direct support of JELD-WEN's Mission Statement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Under the direction of the Production Manager, this position
will manage and implement the activities on the shop floor,
following established procedures and approved processes consistent
with JELD-WEN's Mission Statement.
- This position will work with "Lead" employees and is
responsible for providing direct leadership to some "Lead"
employees and their subordinates in their assigned areas of
production in support of plant operations, goals and
- Position acts as a Liaison between upper management and the
rank and file hourly employees providing timely feedback up and
down the organizational hierarchy.
- This position directly supervises all production and production
support operations, and drives SQDCI, TPS, OTD and CI activities
and initiatives during the process.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member's
performance and capabilities, based upon company Key Performance
- Assures team activities, equipment, facilities, and personnel
are operated and maintained in a manner consistent with plant
production goals and objectives, as established by the Plant
Manager, Production Manager, and other managerial personnel,
inclusive of corporate goals and objectives.
- Assist the Plant Manager and Production Manager in establishing
and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality
control standards in accordance with SQDCI, TPS, and Continuous
Improvement (CI) methodologies.
- Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment, and/or make
recommendations and adjustments to plant facilities and equipment
to the Plant and Production Managers when necessary, in conjunction
with CI initiatives, goals/objectives.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company
goals and objectives in accordance with JELD-WEN's Mission
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance
- Assists in development, and implements safety awareness
programs, communicates safety issues, corrects safety related
problems, and assists in investigations into safety related issues
as needed and as directed.
- Assists in the performance evaluations of staff, and assists in
proactive actions of subordinate personnel on an annual, bi-annual,
or on an as needed basis.
- May perform other or specified duties as directed by the Plant
Manager, Assistant Plant Manager, Production Manager, or other
appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in a related field and one (1)
to three (3) years experience in a manufacturing environment,
preferably in the window and door industry; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience, to be determined by plant
- Some related college work and five (5) to seven (7) years of
applicable work experience, to be determined by plant
- At least seven (7) to ten (10) years of applicable work
experience in the window and door industry, to be determined by
- Knowledge of raw materials, preferably for door and window
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in production and
manufacturing process improvement techniques including, but not
limited to, SQDCI, OTD, TPS, and Continuous Improvement (CI)
methodologies and activities.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and
problem solving skills, and the ability to drive manufacturing
process improvement techniques throughout the production process in
a skillful and deliberate manner.
- Strong team skills, including the ability to coach and develop
work teams and provide appropriate training on CI methods and
initiatives to subordinates.
- The ability to motivate/empower others, and resolve conflict,
and possess a basic understanding of management principles and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills up and down
the organizational hierarchy.
- Basic understanding of JELD-WEN's Mission Statement and overall
corporate goals and objectives, and Key Performance Indicators
- Strong knowledge of door and window production machines and
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities on a
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other
position applicable software applications.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May on
occasion travel to appropriate seminars and training.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company
will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment
agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
Keywords: JELD-WEN, Inc., Vista , Production Supervisor, Professions , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!