Laboratory Technician I
Company: Exagen Inc.
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Exagen is a patient-focused and discovery-driven life sciences
company dedicated to transforming the care continuum for patients
suffering from debilitating and chronic autoimmune diseases. Our
goal is to enable rheumatologists to improve care for patients
through the differential diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of
complex autoimmune and autoimmune-related diseases, including lupus
and rheumatoid arthritis. By leveraging our proprietary Cell-Bound
Complement Activation Products, or CB-CAPs, technology, we help get
to the real cause of a patient's symptoms and guide their journey
to improved health.
About the Opportunity:
Responsible for general laboratory task such as buffer preparation
and operation of appropriate laboratory equipment.
Responsibilities:Note: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in performing clinical laboratory testing procedures
under the supervision of licensed personnel
- Daily operation of Bio-Flash and Phadia instruments:
Initializing, priming, etc.
- Performs and document daily, weekly, monthly maintenance of
Bio-Flash and Phadia instruments
- Performs loading and unloading of reagents, controls and
barcoded patient samples
- Creating assay Batches for analysis
- Checking Refrigerators and Freezer temperatures
- Assist in preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of
- Calling Technical support for service of the instruments
- Order and maintain reagents and supplies inventory
- Receiving and storing of reagents and supplies
- Manage freezer and refrigerator sample storage
- Prepares wash solutions for Phadia instruments according to
- Decontamination of benches
- Monthly cleaning of refrigerators
- Handling of Biohazard and non-biohazard waste materials
- Maintain compliance with all company policies
- Follow all procedures (SOPs)
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel
- Ability to work Tuesday to Saturday (full time) and requires
the ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime hours as
- Must be able to use general office equipment including
computer, telephone, copier, etc.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree or college courses in Science preferred.
Keywords: Exagen Inc., Vista , Laboratory Technician I, Professions , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!