Company: JELD-WEN, Inc.
Posted on: June 18, 2022
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world's
largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000
employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in
Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces and
distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors,
wood, vinyl and aluminium windows and related products for use in
the new construction and repair and remodelling of residential
homes and non-residential buildings.
Our products and services afford us the opportunity to enter
peoples' workplaces, homes and daily lives. With this privilege
comes great responsibility to ensure that the products we deliver
are reliable and enrich the places and lives that they touch. We
bring beauty and security to the spaces that touch our lives.
We act with integrity, invest in people, inspire through
innovation, deliver on our promises and improve every day. We are
seeking talented individuals who share this purpose and values and
want to excel in their field of expertise. We offer excellent
benefits, a collaborative environment in which to apply your talent
and a dynamic and growing company, with exceptional career
Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Production Manager
(PM), the Maintenance Manager (MM) assists in the completion of the
day to day activities involving the maintenance of the
building/facility, production equipment and machinery, including,
but not limited to HVAC, lighting systems, plant machinery and
production lines, grounds keeping, security, and overall facility
appearance. This position supervises and coordinates the work of
employees who repair and maintain the building/facility, and
production equipment and machinery in the plant. This position
plays a key role with the PM in ensuring that JELD-WEN's Key
Performance Indicators (KPI's) are implemented.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work
product while minimizing overtime and call-in hours in accordance
with JELD-WEN's Mission Statement, goals and objectives, and KEY
Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance program for
applicable machinery and equipment, and the building and grounds
within the confines of an annual budget, and tracks maintenance
downtime. Develops and/or works with Continuous Improvement (CI)
Managers and Teams where applicable.
- Arranges for, coordinates, and manages appropriate third-party
contractor support as needed. Will work with PM, Engineering and
Logistics personnel, as needed.
- Prepares Maintenance budget and secures estimates and cost
quotes as needed.
- Keeps up on technological changes relative to KPI's for SQDCI,
and maintains up-to-date records for all local, state and federal
mandates and inspections.
- Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices, which may
include hazardous waste disposal programs. Plays key role on
internal plant Safety Teams.
- Prepares and maintains maintenance reports for the Production
Manager and other appropriate managerial personnel. Makes
recommendations where applicable.
- Works with other plant managerial personnel to effectively
maintain existing plant facilities and equipment, replaces, and/or
makes recommendations and adjustments to plant facilities and
equipment to the Production Manager when necessary, in accordance
with SQDCI, TPS, and CI initiatives and activities.
- Provides training for new and existing employees as directed by
- May conduct performance evaluations of subordinates and make
recommendations for salary adjustments to the PM in accordance with
Plant and Corporate Policies and Procedures, consistent with
- Assists in the selection of new hires, employee coaching and
- May perform other or specified duties as directed by the Plant
Manager, Production Manager, or other appropriate supervisory
- College degree in a related field and five (5) years'
experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the window
and door industry.
- An equivalent combination of education/trade schooling,
certifications, and experience may be substituted for a college
degree at the discretion of management.
- One (1) to three (3) years supervisory experience is preferred
for this position.
- Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical, machine
repair and maintenance, plant layout, safety, painting and
janitorial experience required.
- Familiarity with associated hand/power tools in the disciplines
- Strong knowledge of plant/OSHA health and safety standards and
compliance, and a fundamental understanding of applicable
- Solid understanding of buildings and grounds security
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance programs as they relate to
plant and corporate KPI's, inclusive of SQDCI, TPS, and Continuous
Improvement activities and initiatives.
- A fundamental understanding of Lean manufacturing
- Basic knowledge of human resource principles and practices and
how they relate to motivating subordinates in accordance with
corporate goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of door and window production machines, tools and
maintenance, and how they relate to plant production and
maintenance goals and objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required up and
down the organizational hierarchy to include other JELD-WEN
- Sound technical, leadership, teamwork, decision making, problem
solving, and organizational skills required for this position.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and work
effectively as a team player throughout the plant with individuals
and various plant teams.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and position
applicable JELD-WEN software applications.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day. May on
occasion travel to appropriate seminars and training.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on
the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by
applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by JELD-WEN, the company
will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment
agencies, or fee-based recruitment services
Keywords: JELD-WEN, Inc., Vista , Maintenance Manager, Professions , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!