Quality Control Technician
Company: GWS Tool Group
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job Title: Quality Control Technician - -
Reports to: General Manager -
Location: Vista, CA
Pay: $17.00 - $25.00 per hour -
GWS is the North American leader in the design and manufacturing of
custom cutting tools. Servicing industries including Aerospace,
Automotive, Medical, Energy, and general Engineering. -As the
fastest growing company in our industry, the career opportunities
are numerous and the pathways for advancement are nearly
Job Summary: -The Quality Control Technician is responsible for
ensuring that all products meet customer and company standards by
inspecting end mills and form tools at the end of production.
-Responsibilities include inspection and test of products, process
audits, and disposition of nonconforming products. -Coordinating
the use, calibration, and servicing of all inspection equipment.
- Inspect cutting tools manufactured within extremely tight
- Examine tools for proper geometry within blueprint
- Compare quantity and part number of items received with
procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness of
and accuracy of order.
- Approve or reject items, and record inspection and disposition
- Inspect incoming raw material, thin film coating,
vendor-supplied tooling, grinding wheel geometric configurations,
and final inspections.
- Prepare inspection procedures for reference use in subsequent
- Run inspection programs for in-process process and final
- Assist in etching product identifications.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or 6
months industry-related experience and/or training. - -
- Certification from a qualified training institution in the
field of tool and cutter grinding is ideal but not required.
- Manufacturing experience is required.
- Strong geometry knowledge is required.
- Experience with hand gauges and non-contact-contact inspection
equipment is required.
Required Skills/Abilities: -
- Ability to convert metric to an inch and decimal to
- Strong analytical troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to manage time appropriately and work with minimal
supervision in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- High attention to detail. -
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with co-workers
and management. -
- Familiarity with navigating Windows-based computer
- knowledge of the gauge calibration process.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints.
- Knowledge of calipers, hand micrometers, and metrology
- Involvement And Knowledge of the use of quality management
system procedures, forms, work instructions, and
- Two weeks PTO with an additional 11 paid holidays per year
- Retirement 401k employer match -
- Pre-tax 401k and post-tax 401k Roth retirement savings plan
- 100% Match of Employee contributions into an HSA up to the IRS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance -
- Training and Development Opportunities -
- Employee assistance program
- Basic and voluntary life insurance options
- Short and long term disability options
- Premium pay for 2nd and 3rd shift
- Employee referral bonuses
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other
factors prohibited by law.
Keywords: GWS Tool Group, Vista , Quality Control Technician, Professions , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!