Market Research Analyst/Sr. Analyst, Platform & Technology Clients
Company: National Research Group
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a leader in data driven insights
and strategic consultation to the global entertainment and
technology industries. Working at the confluence of technology,
content, and culture, NRG offers bold insights for storytellers
everywhere. Our consultants have experience working across all
facets of media and technology.
Why You'll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to
think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our
business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who
have a passion for culture and technology. We work as a collective
across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best
thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold
We are seeking an Analyst or Senior Analyst to join our Platform &
Technology Team to drive client success. In this role, you will
manage and provide support on all aspects of primary research for
technology and social media clients, including both qualitative and
quantitative methods, with a strong emphasis on quantitative
research. You bring your intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial
mindset, and storytelling ability to the team. If you're passionate
about qualitative and quantitative research; if you possess a
natural ability to visualize data and bring it to life; if you
enjoy being a trusted consultant to technology clients; if you geek
out on tech and/or video games - this opportunity is for you!
- Collaborate on market research studies for technology, social
media and gaming, including but not limited to ad/creative tests,
brand studies, trackers, messaging/positioning evaluation, and
- Participate in all steps of a project including but not limited
to: proposal drafting, survey design, questionnaire writing, data
analysis, report writing and delivery, presentation, and post
- Participate in project-related tasks, including, but not
limited to; developing re-screeners, packets, respondent room
set-up, qualitative note taking, online survey link checking,
monitoring data collection/fieldwork, completing data requests,
data review, and deliverable preparation (population, QC,
- Partner with internal & external operational teams to drive
projects forward on stringent timelines.
- Translate research data into actionable insights and
recommendations through reports and presentations.
- Have an interest in tech/gaming and be able to share industry
news/trends with the broader team.
Who You Are
- 1-3 years' experience working in consumer insights, consumer
research, or in an analyst/strategy role at a media/technology
company (ideally some combination thereof, but supplier side
experience a must).
- 4-year BA/BS degree with a strong academic record, and with a
degree in a business or social science field or one with an
emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methodologies.
- Degree in a business, marketing, market research, or social
science field (preferred).
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and written and visual
- Experience with the following data analysis techniques:
statistical significance testing, correlation analysis,
multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation
analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis. Ability to
apply techniques a plus, but not required.
- Strong interest and experience in technology and social media
- Strong data visualization capabilities (preferred).
- Internally-motivated self-starter who continuously strives to
get things done, regardless of challenges encountered.
- Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex
questions from clients and lead the development of research plans
as well as deliver game-changing insights.
- Ability to independently initiate and drive projects to
completion with minimal oversight, as well as work collaboratively
with team members of all departments and seniority levels. Ability
and willingness to change course as objectives and projects
- Successfully manages time and multiple competing priorities in
order to ensure deadlines are always met.
- Passion for research and flexibility to work on custom projects
across the technology product and services life cycle and in other
areas of specialization.
- Upholding and showing leadership around NRG's core values of
excellence, innovation, collaboration, enthusiasm, and grit.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
NRG provides flexible work options - employees will be given the
choice to work remotely, work out of a designated office (Playa
Vista, New York, or London) or a hybrid of the two. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you want to join the Platforms & Tech Team
- Why the Platforms & Tech Team should want to work with you
Keywords: National Research Group, Vista , Market Research Analyst/Sr. Analyst, Platform & Technology Clients, Professions , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!