Company: LMI Aerospace
Posted on: January 18, 2023
WHO ARE WELMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and
manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for
commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace
customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts
throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our
integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable
our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities
for career growth within our organization.POSITION SUMMARYWe are
currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic. This is a maintenance
position suited for those with intermediate maintenance skills,
which may include, but not be limited to, low-voltage electricity,
control wiring, precision fabrication, intermediate-level
troubleshooting. Will supervise tasks of Maintenance Tech 1
personnel. This person should be capable of working with little
supervision, while maintaining a good level of demonstrated ability
and success at correcting typical mechanical, fabrication and
low-voltage electrical problems. Eligible for $1,000 sign on
bonus.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform mid-level to complex electrical (including three-phase)
pneumatic, plumbing (including PVC pipefitting) and hydraulic
tasks, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Perform fabrication tasks (both aluminum and steel) including,
but not limited to, machining, plasma-cutting,
oxyacetylene-cutting, welding, soldering and brazing.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks throughout the facility,
including forklift maintenance.
- May supervise Maintenance Tech 1 personnel in accomplishing
- Read, understand and comply with all work order
- Keep maintenance shop area clean and organized, per company
- Perform maintenance tasks, using a scissor-lift and genie boom,
at heights up to 35 feet.
- Observe safety requirements and use all required safety
- Must supply own basic tools.
- Must be available to work overtime, when required, (including
on call and weekends).
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Maintenance
Supervisor.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred.
Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school
equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to
be considered for the role.
- Must have ability to read and comprehend American English
- Average reading skills with capability of comprehending and
retaining information is required.
- Previous three years experience in maintenance is desired.
- Must exhibit attention to detail.
- Must have ability to handle stressful situations.
- Positive, team-player attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Must be dependable.Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when
working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to,
eye, ear, and foot protection
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 poundsWHY CHOOSE
LMI AEROSPACE?We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan for access to counseling, consulting
and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistanceSubject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of
the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible
job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities,
tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job
description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This
document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the
Company are employed on an at will basis and may be terminated at
any time. LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Consistent with applicable law, LMI provides access and
opportunities to those with disabilities. This includes providing
reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans who seek to access the companys online
application system. If an applicant is unable to fully access the
online application system, LMI will provide a reasonable
accommodation. Applicants with disabilities may contact us at
636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line application
system. Callers should have a detailed description of the requested
accommodation, their name and preferred method of contact ready for
LMIs Human Resources Department. LMI will make every effort to
respond within two (2) business days. This phone number is not for
the general submission of application materials.LMI is an E-Verify
Employer.LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Disability/Veterans EmployerNOTICE ON FRAUDULENT JOB
OFFERSIt has been brought to our attention that there have been
instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from LMI
Aerospace, Inc. and/or its affiliates (LMI).This type of fraud is
normally carried out through online services such as false
websites, or through fake e-mails or call from people claiming to
be from the company. These persons offer fraudulent employment
opportunities to applicants and often ask for sensitive personal
and financial information. The fraudsters may also request
recipients to provide personal information and/or to make payments
as part of their fake recruiting process. LMI does not ask for any
financial commitments from candidates as a pre-employment
requirement. LMI will always require candidates to formally apply
for positions via the Careers Page or job postings.LMI has no
responsibility for fraudulent offers and if you believe you have
been a victim of a fraudulent job offer concerning LMI, please
email LMIInfo@lmiaerospace.comLMI is a world-class leader in
designing, building and manufacturing aerospace structures, systems
and components for commercial, business and regional, and military
aerospace customers. We employ more than 2,000 engineering,
manufacturing and testing experts in 19 locations throughout the
United States, Mexico, and Sri Lanka. Our integrated team approach
and full life cycle of capabilities enable our employees to take
advantage of a wide range of opportunities for career growth within
Keywords: LMI Aerospace, Vista , Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!