Operating Engineer - Plant
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Under general supervision, the Operating Engineer performs a
variety of routine or skilled preventive maintenance duties in the
repair, alteration, and modification of buildings, equipment and
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operation and
- Maintains routine records and determines type and extent of any
malfunction of equipment and, as necessary.
- Adjusts, disassembles and repairs or replaces parts or
components, reassembles and tests for proper operation.
- Reports more serious problems to Chief Engineer for
instructions or maintenance scheduling.
- May attend to gas fired steam boilers, hot water boilers, and
- May make necessary adjustments to assure proper steam pressure,
combustion, water flow, water level and proper operation of safety
devices and auxiliary equipment.
- Tests boiler water and adds chemicals as necessary.
- May service and make repairs to heating, air conditioning and
refrigeration equipment including fans, motors, radiators,
thermostats, dampers and regulating controls.
- Replaces filters and fluids as necessary; and maintains routine
records of repairs.
- Performs a variety of general semi-skilled to skilled
maintenance, alteration and repairs to machinery, equipment or
facilities as assigned or in accordance with basic skills and
abilities, and standard procedures, diagrams or manufacturer
- Performs routine electrical maintenance, replacement or
alteration of circuit wiring, switches, control equipment and
mechanisms, motors, transformers, relays, generators, appliances,
fixtures, alarms, communication equipment, etc.
- Performs general mechanical maintenance of hospital and clinic
equipment, kitchen equipment, office machines and equipment,
- Normally excludes specialized and highly technical x-ray and
surgical equipment requiring specific training, experience and
- Performs general plumbing maintenance - Maintain, repair and
make alterations to steam, gas, water, air, and sanitary plumbing
pipes and fixtures.
- Bend, cut, ream, and thread pipe, wipe joints, test joints, and
pipe systems for leaks.
- Repair leaks and clear drain stoppages.
- General welding - cutting, joining metals not requiring
critical test tolerance or certification.
- Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repair
and assemble extension cords, replace fuses, fluorescent ballasts
and tubes, clean and lubricate motors and other machinery.
- Clean sink and grease traps, replace and re-pack valves,
assemble equipment, repair drape pull mechanisms and related
- Performs a variety of routine manual duties as required, such
as moving supplies, furniture, equipment, removing trash, scrap
material, and replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when
interacting with other personnel, Health Plan members and the
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed.Basic Qualifications: -Experience
- Three (3) to Five (5) years with in the last year, experience
in Building Plant Operations and Maintenance. -Education
- Associate of Arts Degree in Engineering or technical
disciplines in Plant Operations, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, or
equivalent. -License, Certification, Registration
- Drivers License (in location where applicable)
- Universal Chlorofluorocarbons Certificate within 6 months of
hire -Additional Requirements:
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of equipment, controls, and
building automation maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematic drawings
and technical manuals.
- The Employer reserves the right to review and modify these
requirements during the term of the agreement pursuant to
paragraphs 1819 and 2101 in the Labor Agreement.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
environment. -Preferred Qualifications:
- N/A.PrimaryLocation : California,San Marcos,San Marcos Central
Utility PlantHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : NightWorkdays : Sat, Sun,
Mon, Tue, WedWorkingHoursStart : 11:00 PMWorkingHoursEnd : 07:30
AMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status :
RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : B03-IUOE-Local 501Job
Level : Individual ContributorJob Category : Facility Services &
Materials ManagementDepartment : SAN MARCOS MEDICAL CENTER -
Prop/Fac-Facility Maintenance - 0801Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is
an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental
status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status,
genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of
diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Vista , Operating Engineer - Plant, Professions , Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...